Zeiss Contax Month - April

Well, I have not used the Contax, but I did shoot my Voigtlander SC Skopar 21mm f4 on a Kiev 4a. Since we are allowing Kievs (which are Contax's or derivatives in later models), I thought I would add a few shots. Basically, I wanted to photograph Prado dam. It is very wide, and I can be close or very far (going back drops off and there are obstructions). I tried my Mamiya C330f with the 55mm f4.5 lens close-up, and it just was not wide enough (I did create a composite shot from 2 negs). As a back-up I brought the Kiev 4a and SC Skopar 21mm, and was able to get the whole dam pretty close with no issues. It is not as high resolution, but still a decent shot. In both cases (120 and 135) I used Ilford Delta 100 developed in ADOX FX-39 II.

Prado Dam whole by Mark Wyatt, on Flickr
My first April project was to update this. The Army Corp of Engineers cleaned the mural off the spill-way, and is already repainting the origijnal design back on. I grabbed a shot in-between with the Contax iia, Voigtlander 21mmf 4 SC Skopar, ADOX CHS 10II (dev ADOX FXX-39 II):

Prado Dam Spillway, Mural Removed by Mark Wyatt, on Flickr

Got out my Contax T more during the last weeks.
Arnøya, Arctic Norway. Contax T + Kodak Ektar. April 2023.

2023-04-29-0006.jpg

Well, at least the pics were shot in April. I do like the Zeiss Planar on the Yashica FX-3 Super 2000, but when I picked up this rig (at a great bargain price!) I was expecting more. I still like my vintage Nikkor glass better.

img126scaled.jpg20230402_172310scaled.jpg

Back