Zeiss Contax Month - April

Nice photo Colton, the bokeh is great. What do you think of your Contax? I really enjoy mine, the superb build quality and finish, and the possibility to use with the range of accessories and lenses available (I have a few viewfinders and recently acquired a CZ 135mm f4 Sonnar so am looking forward to trying it out).

Good to see you, Colton!!

Thanks Steve :)

Nice photo Colton, the bokeh is great. What do you think of your Contax? I really enjoy mine, the superb build quality and finish, and the possibility to use with the range of accessories and lenses available (I have a few viewfinders and recently acquired a CZ 135mm f4 Sonnar so am looking forward to trying it out).

In the brief time I have had it, I really really like the camera and the lens. As mentioned before, I have wanted a post-war Contax rangefinder for a long time. The design, build, finish, and feel of the camera is beautiful, tough, everything operates so smoothly.
I also have a Kiev-2a (basically a pre-war Contax II) and there are some things I like better over the post-war cameras. I love the rugged tough looks of the Kiev, and I like the frame counter more.

I don't think I will really get into accessorizing too much at this point since I can't really even use the camera. I would love to find a nice post-war Biogon 35/2.8 and matching finder. 35 is my favorite fov, although I was starting to use 50s more and more the past few years I was still able to shoot.

Contax II + 5cm/1.5 (yellow filter) on Fomapan 100 in Clayton F76

No Sign by Steve, on Flickr

I'd recognize those signs anywhere. Enough so that I had to break format and post this pic (taken with a Nikon RF) in St. Augustine a couple years ago...

wKuPEY.jpg

I'd recognize those signs anywhere. Enough so that I had to break format and post this pic (taken with a Nikon RF) in St. Augustine a couple years ago...

We'll let it slide this time since the Nikon rangefinder was partially designed around the Contax (in fact the main lens I used on my Contax iia last month- Voigtlander SC Skopar 21mm f4 is a actually Nikon mount), which we all understand is a slightly modified Contax mount. :)

I will finish up my submissions for Zeiss Contax Month with a few shots I took on the Santa Rosa Plateau in Riverside County, California. I had some shots left on a roll of HP5+ from my trip to Virginia, and happened to be in the area. I had to hold off developing my HP5+ until I finished this.

Zeiss Ikon Contax iia; Voigtlander SC Skopar 21mm f4;Ilford HPO5+, HC110

rock and tree by Mark Wyatt, on Flickr

convoluted by Mark Wyatt, on Flickr

Big Oak by Mark Wyatt, on Flickr

branching by Mark Wyatt, on Flickr

Oh that color....nice picture. Need to resupply my color film ....may have someone in Orlando send some 35mm Fuji my way but if I can find some Agfa Vista I will try it out. Thanks for the post!

Just a reminder that April is Zeiss Contax Month! Not sure I will participate this year as mine probably needs a shutter adjustment.

By pure coincidence, I started yesterday using a pre-war Zeiss Tessar 5cm 2.8 (for Contax) on my M10.
I may try out whatever lenses I have from Zeiss for the Contax.
I just found a second Tessar 5cm 2.8. It is a Contax mount Dresden (Nickel/black). The other lens is not Nickel/black.
I expect them to be sharp in the center only, and to flare.

Back