Nicca / Tower LTM 1937 Packard Super Eight Coupe on Nicca-III S

Nicca / Tower M39 screw mount bodies

farlymac

PF McFarland
Local time
10:08 AM
I went to the Kiwanis pancake breakfast on the last weekend of May, and in the parking lot was this gorgeous Packard coupe. Grabbed a few snaps on my way in, then realized I had forgotten to get any of the rear. Unfortunately, the car was gone when I came back out. But trust me, it is a ’37 Super Eight Coupe.

I was shooting these without the aux finder, so I made sure to frame them a bit tighter than normal so there wouldn’t be much cropping to do.

Nicca-III S, W-Nikkor C 1:3.5 f=3.5cm, Ilford Delta 100

Sitting next to a KIA sedan of more recent vintage.

Old and New by P F McFarland, on Flickr

Its best angle.

Right Front Quarter by P F McFarland, on Flickr

How’d you like to see that coming up in the mirror of your Fiat 500?

Head On by P F McFarland, on Flickr

These originally came with the wide white sidewalls, but I think it looks better with the solid black ones.

Left Front Quarter by P F McFarland, on Flickr

PF

Very nice, those old Niccas and their Tower branded brethren plus LTM Nikkor lenses cannot be beat, regardless of what kind of film you put through them.

Gorgeous car! I agree that it wouldn't look as good by today's esthetic with whitewalls.
Is this a straight-8 engine?

I just noticed the license plate- I guess that answers my question. I have a 1975 Triumph triple with license "THREE", but this car is definitely in a different league.

Cheers,
Dez

Nice shots, that Nikkor wide performs well. I disagree completely regarding the whitewalls, though. That is like Spats Colombo without his spats.

Back