40 movies for photographers

I like the Hitch movie (Rear Window) with a star cast. I'm an oldie moldie! Ha!

Blow Up is on TCM. Made when I was a kid.

I've followed Annie. Went to school in S.F.

Good stuff.

Thanks for the link.

Anyone want to buy my cameras?

Anyone want to buy my cameras?

Dear Sara,

I've never seen any of those movies.

No wonder I feel like I'm just wasting my time when I go afield with my camera?

Regards,

Tim Murphy
Harrisburg, PA :)

I can't believe they didn't list the movie The Public Eye with Joe Pesci who plays a Weegee like character.

Here is a favorite I like to watch that is on YouTube on the life of W. Eugene Smith: Photography Made Difficult...worth the watch.

https://youtu.be/aulz5efN2Pc

Everlasting Moments is a really fine film also.

Rear Window
Blow Up

Both very good

And I just recently saw Under Fire which is also worth a watch.

I will add Spy Game with Robert Redford and Brad Pitt. Pitt is a CIA agent whose cover is as a photographer. He uses a Nikon that looks like an FE2; and a Leica M6 that the sound effects department made to sound like a Nikon with motor drive.

I can't believe they didn't list the movie The Public Eye with Joe Pesci who plays a Weegee like character.

Here is a favorite I like to watch that is on YouTube on the life of W. Eugene Smith: Photography Made Difficult...worth the watch.

https://youtu.be/aulz5efN2Pc

Ditto on The Public Eye. I loved the part..."Hey kid...the hat. Throw his hat in there...people like to see the dead guy's hat"

Blow Up, especially with the scene featuring the Yardbirds with Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page. YES!
Pecker is quite good.

Lot's more not named.

Thanks for the link, Sara. I also liked the film "American Gangster" where Russell Crowe's detective character uses his Nikon film camera (RF?) and darkroom skill to bring down the Heroin kingpin dealer character played by Denzel Washington.

3 is hot by all means.
12 is something I wasn't aware of such a known actress is movie for such good, but not Leibovitz kind a overblown by media photographer. Do you know what in Russian arbus means watermelon?
I quit around #18.

Another "must see" list which is missing many important movies related to the topic.

For instance, Puzzle of a Downfall Child (Jerry Schatzberg, 1970) The Year of Living Dangerously (Peter Weir, 1983), The Killing Fields (Roland Joffé, 1984) etc etc.

Back