Anybody Here Have or Use Plaubel Peco Junior?

I‘m still looking for a back for my 9x12 version (preferably medium format). Do you think this back for Hasselblad magazines in 4x5 would fit my peco junior?

I‘m still looking for a back for my 9x12 version (preferably medium format). Do you think this back for Hasselblad magazines in 4x5 would fit my peco junior?

This one is not what you want

This one might work, looks like a 4x5 Junior Back that takes single shot metal 9x12cm plates. I'm not familiar with the 4x5 Peco Jr version, but you could maybe use something like this. I'll wager they made a 6x9 back version of it too, I'm just not familiar. Anyway it's going to look somewhat like this. Plaubel made a lot of stuff in different versions

Here's another one, maybe 9x12 to 6x9? Would be helpful if you could get dimensions of this from the seller, to see if it fits your camera.

Last edited:
SONY DSC by Nokton48, on Flickr

Two more Seiko LS23 Shutters have just arrived from Japan, so these two Maki mounted lenses, the GX680 210mm F5.6, and the 180mm F5.6 GX680 are now finished and integrated into the Plaubel Peco Junior lens bank. These are not expensive lenses compared to the more exotic ones, and both are really excellent. I just shot a sweep table still life with the 180mm F5.6, shooting Ilford PanF+, Overhead Softbox Lighting with frontal foamcore panel fill. Very luscious looking on the 6x9 Ground glass. These are very good lenses I can tell. Well worth the money

Completely restored Plaubel Peco Junior with Bag Bellows and Plaubel Makina Back with homemade Rotating Magnifier. Camera shown focused at infinity, very light and compact for easy carrying. Along with the widest lens (58mm Grandy), I also have: 65mm f6.8 Schneider Angulon, 65mm F8 Super Angulon with Center Filter, 75mm f8 Super Angulon with Center Filter, 135mm F3.8 Schneider Xenar, and 150mm F9 Rodenstock Apo Ronar. All this fits in my olde blue generic camera bag. In each end pocket are two 120 Plaubel Makina 6x9 Backs. Extra 120 rolls, tape, markers, notebook, etc all fit in the bag. It's not lightweight, but it's quite a BIG outfit cut down to minimum size.

The Fuji GX680 Lens Set, from left 125mm F5.6 GX680, 210mm F5.6 GX680, and right the 250mm F5.6 GX680. All neatly shuttered Seiko LS23 Shutters from Fujinon WS lenses. lensboards 3D printed from the Guy in Italy, light seals added by me using Rotary Cutter to cut strips. Works good Minolta SRT Cable Releases (Good Ones!) 82mm Yellow Filters, Rubber Lenshood. Lens on left not finished, needs JB Welded Ring to board, back cell lip removed by me with grinder (to back focus on Makiflex) now needs brush painted with Krylon. Also I will Krylon the back of the lens board to make sure no leaks.

The last of my Fujinon Gx680 to Plaubel Peco Junior conversions. The 125mm f5.6 GX680 is a great lens and is not 'spensive. Fits good in a Seiko LS23 Shutter which is properly marked starting at F5.6 Yellow filter and Rubber Hood, will add Minolta SRT Cable Release and it's almost ready to go. I still have to JB Weld the very large mounting ring to the biggie cutout on the Peco Jr metal board. Fits perfectly I also re-did the light trap on the back board with some black adhesive foam cut to fit. Right now it's usuable but held together with the blue masking tape LOL

The Plaubel 150mm F4.2 is finished completely, here's a digitest shot Peco Junior Body with homemade Sony Digital Back NexC3
Looks sharp on the center dot to me. Next test is to shoot some slow film with this lens. So far I like it, Glad I pounced on it

Two more original Plaubel Peco Junior lenses. On the left the 180mm F5.5 Schneider Tele-Arton in Prontor shutter. On the right the 150mm F4.2 Plaubel Anticomar in Compur shutter. Above digitest ^^^ taken with the new to me 150 Anticomar.

This all fits in the small Zone VI White Bag, looks like a picnic cooler. Restored Plaubel Peco Junior body with Jim Galvin Glenn Evans Graflex Roll Back modded to Peco Junior. Made to nicely hold Singer Graflex 120/220 Roll Backs. Two RH8 2.25x3.25, two RH10 6x7cm, one 220 RH20. Three Fujinon GX680 lenses modded to Plaubel Junior Boards. From the left, the 125mm F5.6 GX680, then the 50mm F5.6 GX680, then on the right, the 180mm F5.6 GX680. All three lenses work perfectly with the standard length Plaubel Peco Jr Rail. Film loaded is Ilford PanF+, Ilford Delta 100, Shanghai 220 EI 100, Maco ORT25, Ilford FP4+, Ilford HP5+. So this I'll be taking out this spring, on an olde Star-D tripod. The tripod has a shoulder strap for traveling, and the bag is HEAVY but has everything I need plus room for odds and ends. Apertures on the shutters fully correctly marked, and verified through direct measurement of the lens front irises. All now perfect ready for fully testing. Eight 120 test rolls have yielded perfect frames, some outside tests and some studio stuff. Will post photos soon. These lenses are sharp enough for digital medium format. Hmmmmmm

180mm f5.6 GX680 Peco Jr Makina 6.5x9cm PanF+ D23 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Testing long rail Plaubel Peco Junior with Fuji GX680 180mm f5.6 Yellow Filter Ilford PanF+ Plaubel Makina Film Back. D23 1:1 JOBO Multitank 6 Etone Tank Roller, Omega DII Omegalite 180mm black Rodagon laser aligned. Arista #2 RC paper Dektol 1:2. I like this new Plaubel Mini-Me View Camera. It is FUN to use; the homemade Makina rotating Viewfinder works great; I can see the camera movements, focus or not focus, on the tiny screen. This lens passes it's initial test

Shell Peco Jr 180mm f5.6 Fuji GX680 PanF+ D23 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Plaubel Peco Junior 180mm F5.6 Fuji GX680 Ilford PanF+ Plaubekl Makina Film Back D23 1:1 JOBO Multitank6 Etone Tank Roller Omega DII 180mm black Rodagon laser aligned Arista #2 RC Dektol 1:2. Broncolor C200 Monolight Broncolor Octobox 150 Foamcore Fill Panel. Tim Layton digital background (printed at Sam's Club) on FOBA Sweep Table. Used a lot of camera movements to get the tines sharp as was possible.

13.5cm F4.2 Restored Plaubel Anticolar 100 years Olde by Nokton48, on Flickr

My eyes widened when I saw this 100 year olde 13.5cm F4.2 Anticomar lens (shutter huffed) on Ebay. I made an offer and it was accepted. Then took it to Mac at Camtronics who did an expert CLA on it. We both think it is 1930's era so 100 years olde, prolly off an olde 9x12cm Plaubel Folder. Cut and flocked a 3D printed Peco Junior board from Italy, painted the lens back with Flat Black Krylon with brush, it was really UGLY. Luscious to look through, but slightly hazy, as are all my Orthometars. Kind of like that Orthometar "look" kinda retro. Anyways a good example of how I restore something others might disgard. I see 100 examples of F2.9 Orthometar, to one F4.2 Orthometar. The "sharp" lens for commercial, reportage, and travel according to Plaubel. Works like new on my long rail Peco Junior. Finally I found a dark yellow glass disc in my filter box, and cut a strip of Hollywood Gaffer Tape, to attach it to the new F4.2 "Sharp" lens.

Recently I bought an original more modern 150mm F4.2, nice to have something just slightly wider if much older :)

Plaubel Peco Jr 58mm F5.6 Graflex XL Grandagon PanF D23 Makina 120 Roll Back by Nokton48, on Flickr

Sawed-Off Plaubel Peco Jr 6x9cm View Camera, 58mm f5.6 Graflex XL Grandagon at F16. PanF+ developed in JOBO Uniroller D23 1:1. Omega DII laser aligned 150mm F5.6 Black Rodagon 5x7 Arista RC #2 Dektol 1:2. Liked how the snow covered the table top, focused on the central wheel. The Makina 120 6x9cm Film Back fits the Peco Jr, Makiflexes, and Makinas. So the backs move around on the cameras. I used the Peco Jr Magnifying Hood with swivel and Magnifying Lens, I can shift top and bottom, or left and right, and brightly examine the images. Well enough to see the sharpness on the screen.

Peco Jr Long Rail 150mm Apo Ronar PanF D23 80x80 Pulsoflex Makina Back by Nokton48, on Flickr

Here I am testing my new to me 150mm F9 Rodenstock Apo-Ronar, a tiny Process Dialyte of good repute. Attached to my long rail Peco Junior Mini-Me View Camera, with Adjustable Viewer and Plaubel Makina 6x9cm Roll Back. Yellow Filter Pan F+ D23 1:1 JOBO Uniroller Omega DII laser aligned, 8x10 Arista RC #2 Dektol 1:2 . 80x80cm Broncolor C171 Pulsoflex Softbox camera left, 4x6 foam core sheet just off camera right. Low Key Background by James Bright

Plaubel Anticomar 150mm F4.2 Makina Hood Makina Filters by Nokton48, on Flickr

So today I pulled out my 150mm F4.2 Plaubel Anticomar, mounted on a Peco Junior Board. It's finally finished, I resolved a few details that were bugging me. The cable release wobbled a bit, so I JB Welded a bolt to the board, and secured the cable with a strip of Hollywood Gaffer Tape. Also resolved the lack of hood and proper filters for this lens. It turns out, that the Makina Filters and the Plaubel Makina Lenshood, screw directly into the threads on the barrel of the lens. So Obviously it was designed to work that way, So Hurray! I have a good set of Makina Filters and Hoods, these will stay on the Anticomars. It's cool when you discover something out of the blue :) LOL

65mm F6.8 Schneider Angulon Compur on Peco Junior by Nokton48, on Flickr

A 30.5mm Lens Hood arrived for my freshly overhauled 65mm F6.8 Schneider Angulon lens. This is right out of the Plaubel catalogs of the day, mounted on correct Recessed Peco Junior Board. Fun to look through, I enjoy using Angulons, and this one is so tiny! This one will be getting some use in the field, when I want to travel light with view camera. That's my Swiveling Magnifier Hood, camera takes Makina Backs 6.5x9cm, and plates as well. 30.5 Yellow Filter is comin' to fit this also.

Last edited:

My 150mm F9 Rodenstock Apo-Ronar, for the Plaubel Peco Junior view camera, with custom made by me, Jim Galvin Back, that takes Wind Knob Graphic Backs, very quick to operate and modern reliable. An Ednalite Magnifier, and also my olde Printer's Loupe, hang off the camera. Both loupes are great for inspecting the image uber sharp. I just got a series 5 Hood and Medium Yellow Filter for this lens, this completes the lens. It's mounted on a 3D printed board from Italy, light trapped by me with adhesive foam and ready to roll. Fred Newmans Light Hood is what I use in leiu of focusing cloth, it's more comfortable to me, as well as being fully light tight, for extended viewing. I love Apo Ronars, this is the tiniest one. In fact I like it so much I have three of them, two iin barrel $50 each. So same lens for different cameras, best of the best. Broncolor C171 Monolight Beauty Grid Head camera right, silver reflector camera left. New Background painted for me by Artist David Maheu, "Faded Linen"

Back