Other/Uncategorized CHIYODA KOGAKU (MINOLTA) 5cm f1.8 Super Rokkor LTM fitting

Other Screw mount bodies/lenses
Anyone knows if the glass can be swapped from the Super A version of the Super Rokkor 1.8 to the LTM version?

It should be the same elements?

Thanks for any help.

I would think they're the same, I would think the optical block is identical, from the back, the first ring holds the optics to the helicoid/mount.

As a side note, I just repaired my 5cm/1.8 and think it would be useful to post what I found out, a while ago, I tried to unscrew a LTM to M mount adapter off the lens, and it was a bit stubborn to come off, I ended up using more force than I expected on the focus ring and it became hard to focus, I assumed that I had bent the guide rail that keeps the optics from spinning when you turn the focus ring, I was sort of right, this lens has a different construction than most lenses I've worked on, anyways, there is a rail/tab, and I did bend it, but it only stops the helicoid from turning too far and unscrewing the mount/helicoid off the rest of the helicoid/body & optics, it is definitely a weak point, I advise not using the focus ring to tighten/loosen the lens off the camera/adapter, the filter ring may be a better option(use caution, I am not 100% sure it's robust, but it does seem better than the small brass tab/rail that I bent.

Very interesting thread.I had a 5cm f1.8 Super- Rokkor lens, a few years ago, it was an excellent lens.
I now use the 5cm f2 and 5cm f1.4 Nikkors.

The Super Rokkor 50mm 1.8 has an Ultron design, information based on Cox's Photographic Optics and the diagram shown in this thread. Similar design is used for Schneider Xenons, some Rokkor PFs, Takumars 55mm, Summicron 90mm 2.0. F.Zuiko 38mm 1.8. and many more but no Zeiss one and not named Planar either.

Back