Eastern Europe

finally a warm spring evening in Warsaw. Cambo Wide 470 (Super-Angulon 47/5.6) with Lomo 800. I like 6x12 negs because you can crop as much as you like, and both 2:1 and 2.2:1 aspect ratios works great.

AF26Ard.jpeg

ygismVQ.jpeg

more history trivia - Tannenberg Denkmal.

1vgbgfA.jpeg
Brilliant, I really enjoy the historical aspect of these pictures.

interestingly, last Easter we discovered that 5 mins walk from my parent's in law home, are the remains of a concentration camp called Poggenburg. We discovered it by change on our walk to Biedronka and was the last day there so we didn't have the chance to explore it. It must be surreal opening your window curtain and having a concentration camp across the street.

20240403_154125.jpg

Brilliant, I really enjoy the historical aspect of these pictures.

interestingly, last Easter we discovered that 5 mins walk from my parent's in law home, are the remains of a concentration camp called Poggenburg. We discovered it by change on our walk to Biedronka and was the last day there so we didn't have the chance to explore it. It must be surreal opening your window curtain and having a concentration camp across the street.

View attachment 4837460

I think it's exactly as you said- a part of going for daily groceries. Ask anybody if they had someone in the family who was in concentration camp, they gonna say yes. It's a part of our national identity, and I think it's important not to forget this part of our history so we try not to repeat it.

To make a point, I posted those pictures before, here is a regular abandoned PGR (sovkhoz), but the shape of the posts is so distinctive that everybody I show it to see a death camp.

y5ffbPi.jpeg

Back