Konica LTM First shot from 35/2 UC Hexanon

Konica M39 lenses

awilder

Alan Wilder
Local time
5:33 PM
Thought I'd post an image and crop for sharpness. The cropped area was actually behind a plexiglass window, so sharpness is limited.

Attachments

• Image5.jpg
    Image5.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 0
  • Image8.jpg
    Image8.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 0
Shot with my MP. Optically completely different than the 35/2 M Hexanon. Optically, it's design is closer to the 35/1.8 W Nikkor. Scanning the image tended to exaggerate light fall off a little bit.

Last edited:
Awilder,

I'm curious as to which ltm-2-m adaptor you are using...cv, leica, other?

Bob

Leica ltm-m adapter. It was used and for 50 with the lug filed down to bring up the 35/135 framelines. The cosmetics weren't perfect on the adapter but once attached, it doesn't really matter.

KoNickon said:
Would it really make a difference which brand of adaptor was used?? I can't believe it would.

FWIW...I was just curious. There have been several posts complaining about adaptors other than cv or leica. As a screw mount Hexanon lens is rather rare I just wanted to know which adaptor he used.....that's all.

Bob

35/2 Hexanon UC

35/2 Hexanon UC

Here's another shot with the Hexanon UC around f/2 or so. The lighting sucks and with Velvia it's too contrasty, but the bokeh is interesting. The daffodils look much better than shown but the detail is lost due to high contrast with scanning Velvia.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Shameless cross post for wider audience

First roll. First trip "out & about." This picture won't make anyone rush out and buy the 35mm UC-Hexanon lens. For me, this is a departure into the abstract. Starbuck's. Guess focus. On a table. Guess composition. Through a window. Raining. Thanks for looking.

M5 | 35mm/F2.0 UC-Hexanon | 1:2.0, 0.9 meters | Agfa 400

Wet+Window-000011.jpg

KoNickon said:
Would it really make a difference which brand of adaptor was used?? I can't believe it would.

The CV and Leitz adapters are properly machined to close tolerances. This is not true of all the $15-$30 adapters you see out there. I could buy a box of CV adapters for what it would cost to invest in a proper machinist's micrometer and optical flat to check these cheap adapters - to make sure I'm not buying a front- or back-focus problem.

- John

I hope not

I hope not

Trius said:
Wayne, my hate grows.... you are costing me a lot of money and a marriage.:bang: :p :rolleyes:

Surely you jest. OK, how many Konica lenses is it going to cost me to trade for your Toyo field camera & goodies? :eek:

PS: If I didn't have a seperate mailing address, I would have cost myself a divorce by now. We're even on the lot of money part. :cool: ;)

This one is wide open too.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Starbuck's 1-1.jpg
    Starbuck's 1-1.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Canal Place, New Orleans. f = 8.0 | NHG II

attachment.php

Last edited:
35mm UC-Hexanon Samples

35mm UC-Hexanon Samples

More samples. Straight into a lightbulb wide open flare test and the obligatory corner-to-corner sharpness at f=5.6 or maybe 8.0 photographs. ;)

attachment.php

EDIT to Add: Kudos to the M5 meter on the lightbulb photo. :cool:

attachment.php

Attachments

• FH000005-1.jpg
    FH000005-1.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 0
  • FH000002-1.jpg
    FH000002-1.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back