Tanack LTM HU: Tanack + 50 tanar

Tanack M39 M39 screw mount bodies/lenses

trittium

Well-known
Local time
9:09 AM
CORRECTION: THIS IS A COPY OF A TANACK NOT THE ACTUAL CAMERA.

No connection to the seller.
ITEM #: 270088699164

I guess it is kind of interesting anyways. I have never seen a Russian rebuild of this camera.

Last edited:
trittium said:
CORRECTION: THIS IS A COPY OF A TANACK NOT THE ACTUAL CAMERA.

I guess it is kind of interesting anyways. I have never seen a Russian rebuild of this camera.
What do you mean its a copy of Tanack...it says Tanack on top!
Tanaka optical company,Ltd.

Either way,did NOT sell at $150

Kiu

This isn't unusual. The Russian (or Polish) workshops that churn out fake Nazi Leicas are also converting other Feds and Zorkis into 'Reids' and 'Tanacks'. Then some sellers use the word copy in a very sly way, implying the camera is a Japanese copy of a Leica, when in fact it's a Ukrainian copy of a Japanese copy of a Leica!

I've seen these "tanacks' go for several hundred dollars - I remember in one case a buyer realised once the camera arrived, got just a proportion of his money back and even gave the seller, who'd given such a misleading description, positive feedback!

Kiu,

Its a Russian copy of a Tanack. That is, a copy of a Leica copy. You can tell a mile away from the shape of the top deck and, especially, the lens (obviously an Industar).

Cheers,

David

Paul T. said:
This isn't unusual..... implying the camera is a Japanese copy of a Leica, when in fact it's a Ukrainian copy of a Japanese copy of a Leica!
My head is spinnig..:eek:

Kiu

these doctored FSU cameras do not looking anything like a Tanack.
most Tanacks had swing door camera backs like the Canons from the model V up.

Back