Industar LTM INDUSTAR-69 2.8/28mm ???

Industar M39 lenses
yep, it is a good lens, BUT for half frame

I have seen pictures made with it on a M8, works great, but on a 24 36 film camera you will have some troubles

In addition, it's not rangefinder coupled, and the Chaika camera for which it is made has a different film-to-flange distance, meaning the lens must be modified to work on LTM bodies or adapters.

Last edited:
I recently modified one to work on an ltm or m with adapter. It probably needs a bit more filing to be right on, but it worked look at my flickr there are examples. If you like heavy vignetteing this will fit the bill for that. I'd sell this modified one since I don't use it at all since that experiment with it.

ISTR that Brain Sweeney, lens guru that he is, modified one to working condition but felt that it wasn't worth it and would not do it again.

You might try searching on his user name & the lens for more information.

William

It was a pain in the butt.

If I ever get another one, I have the lens from a Nikon Lite Touch, a 28/3.5 full-frame, that I will try in it.

The one I modified went to an M8 user. it worked well. You have to take the lens apart and file down an internal stop. The trick is to make it focus about 1mm deeper than it was designed for, and then to index the focus scale.

A fun lens to use on the M8 for beautiful vintage colors, sharp center and vignetting. I made a slideshow on London exclusively with it at the time : http://www.yanidel.com/slideshows/london industar

I enjoyed looking at your pics! Interesting dream-like results. Having been there and recognising locations and landmarks, your pics with the vignetting and edge softness, seem exactly like my actual visual memory. :)

Thank you to the other posters for information on this lens.

I got one just few days ago, can take picture with R-D1. A stupid question that if not file that little bit, can it focus?

It is going to focus much too close- like a maximum of 3~4ft. Stopped down to F-16, the DOF covers more. The distance scale is completely off until it is adjusted.

And this is "anything but" a stupid question! The lens screws on correctly to the camera (via adapter) and "looks like" it should work- it just does not! Until filing that ~1millimeter little bit.

It was a pain in the butt.

If I ever get another one, I have the lens from a Nikon Lite Touch, a 28/3.5 full-frame, that I will try in it.

Brian,
I have a 28mm lens for the half frame camera.
Would there be vignetting with your approach?

Back