Is it allowed to use an M camera during a concert?

I'd love to see some phone pics and your personal feelings about her performance. Obviously this is for your daughters but I'd be curious to hear about your own slant.
Sure will do. My wife will also be there. The stadium where the concert will be held is not close to Lyon, so it is best that we stay together as a family.
She decided to skip Canada on her Eras Tour. PM of Canada called Taylor Swift to ask her to change her mind. It seems that he concerts make a great economic impact on the countries that she has her concerts in.

Sure will do. My wife will also be there. The stadium where the concert will be held is not close to Lyon, so it is best that we stay together as a family.
She decided to skip Canada on her Eras Tour. PM of Canada called Taylor Swift to ask her to change her mind. It seems that he concerts make a great economic impact on the countries that she has her concerts in.
Interestingly she has chosen not to have any concerts in NZ but will in Australia ... so I would imagine a lot of fans will fly from NZ to see her considering the proximity of the two countries.

Taylor Swift seems to be a highly intelligent business person. She is expected to make half a billion $ in the Eras Tour herself alone.

Heh, the only show I would have dropped that kind of money on I would have to steal a TARDIS to go see - The Clash opening for The Who at Shea Stadium, October 13, 1982.

Attending rock concerts (and some jazz and classical) brings back so many memories.

I was fortunate to grow up in a Boston suburb and in the 70’s, attended many concerts. Getting into town was very easy with the public transportation.

I had a habit of saving my ticket stubs as souvenirs. Here are a few.

Talking about ticket prices:

Here is a ticket stub of my first rock concert. Led Zeppelin July 20, 1973 Boston Garden. Promenade section $6.50. I didn’t pay for these: I actually won two tickets through an FM Radio station call-in.
1690176325434.jpeg

1690176348942.jpeg

Third row down: Steppenwolf and Peter Frampton - $3.50. Gentle Giant (one of my favorite bands of that era) opened for both.

Won’t see those prices again :ROFLMAO:

1690176757020.jpeg

the Bill Graham family finally released the Oak July 2, 1977 concert film recently..thank you for doing that.

Sweet Home Alabama at 4:20 (not kidding) I'm the kid in aviators, 16 yo

Nicely styled pin-up girl, her figure and dance steps should be more important than the banal melodies and sugar-sweet main stream arrangements.
We used to call such female show singers 'bouncy jackdaws'.
No, as a watchful companion I would only be a grumpy curmudgeon to my nieces and great-nieces.
Rather than a photo of such a show already photographed from all positions, I would be more concerned about my well-fitting hearing protection.;)

Comparatively from the rules of the Stuttgart Open Jazz Festival 2023:
"At some events it may happen that the artist does not allow any photos (not even with a smartphone). Please check our website on the day of the concert.
SLR cameras, cameras with zoom lenses or any type of video function, as well as video cameras and audio recording devices of any type, such as tape recorders, MP3 recorders and dictaphones, are not permitted.
As organizers of the Jazzopen, we can refuse entry to the event site if the visitor is not willing to leave the unauthorized devices behind."

Pretty naive attempts at regulation, when every smartphone can also take MP3 recordings.

How times have changed. I'd stand outside of Birdland waiting for it to open, at 8PM IIRC, pay the $8 required to sit in the cheap seats at stage right on bentwood ice cream chairs and nurse beers out of a plastic cup. Of course I saw some great acts. The Five Spot was a dive bar and had some great performers. Ornette Coleman was there a long time. Jimmy Giuffre now and again. Sonny Rollins. The Gate was good but expensive. And Bill Evens was playing out at a dive bar on Staten Island where my buddy and I would double date on Saturday nights. It was all different then. When Ramsey Lewis was still a jazz man he played Birdland and the piano was on the floor, not the bandstand. I sat next to him, a thrill, and had small chats between numbers. He would clown around making fun of Ahmad Jamal who was also in town. When Gerry Mulligan and his Concert Jazz Band played Birdland, and blew the walls down, he and Symphony Sid spent a half hour chatting with me at the bar while the other band was playing. He was kind and gracious as was Sid. And his band was just wonderful. It was a great evening.

Now it is all big. Whoopee.

Last edited:
I think I paid $2 to see Stray Cats in the early eighties in a disused ballroom that was demolished the following year to build an apartment complex in Brisbane. That was memorable!

Income from recordings has plummeted due to streaming, so artists endeavour to maximise income from playing live (sadly).
Also, Youtube and smart phones have had a big impact. You used to start a tour away from the critics, now your every note is recorded and uploaded to Youtube within hours of the first show. Musicians might experiment more, take ore risks, but now your every note is recorded and published to the world from the first date of a tour.

I must have paid DM10 or so to see the Kinks in Bonn (Germany) many years ago. The masses pushed so hard at the huge front entry of the building (all glass) that it shattered and people just rushed in with and without tickets. There was a loud band called The Monks too. I was maybe 10-11 years old then. My first rock concert. There was also David Garrick. He had a one-hit-career with Dear Mrs. Applebee.

So after having watched The Kinks in the 1960's, I find myself waiting to watch Taylor Swift in the 2020's.
What has happened in the years "inbetween"?

David Garrick was arrested for "indecent exposure" after the late night show. I watched the early evening show.
I remember him taking off his purple colored silk shirt and throwing it to the audience. I grabbed a piece of it.
The next day, at school, several girls begged for pieces of his shirt.
Memories .....

Dear Mrs. Applebee
I've gotta get somethin' off my chest
Mrs. Applebee
You've got the wrong idea about me
Mrs. Applebee
You told Marie she couldn't go
With me because you heard that I was bad
Mrs. Applebee, please hear my plea
Don't you know that anyone can change
Mrs. Applebee?
And for Marie I'd even swim the sea
Mrs. Applebee
I'm begging you to please be kind
I want a chance to change your mind about me
Mrs. Applebee
Dear Mrs. Applebee
I know that I once made some bad mistakes
Mrs. Applebee
But that was long before I loved Marie
Mrs. Applebee
I'll make you glad as you can be
And you'll be proud to see Marie with me
Mrs. Applebee, Mrs. Applebee ...

Nostalgia. I remember Santana, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Jim Croce and other concerts being viewed through my trusty Vivitar 200mm pre-set lens. Nobody cared if you took pictures, danced in the aisles or hung around afterwards to talk to the band. It was a less formal time. Like the T-shirt says, "I might be old but I saw the best bands".

By the way, I have the distinction (along with a few thousand others) of having seen Taylor Swift in concert years ago before anyone much knew who she was. She was the first lead-in act for George Strait--he really had one of the best bands around at the time. I don't recall much about her performance but I do recall she was very gracious to her young fans, coming out at the end of the show and milling around in the crowd talking to them and generally being one of the group. Nostalgia again. I'm sure things have changed a lot since that concert.

Back