Jupiter-8 Pics Only

I picked up a Zorki 4K with a Jupiter 8 in pretty much mint condition a week ago and ran a test roll through it. As expected the shutter is sticking and most of the shots were cut off half frame, there might also be a pinhole in the cloth shutter as there is a yellow blob in the same spot on all the frames. The camera is currently being serviced and I´m hoping it will resolve all the issues. However, I bought it mostly for the lens, and I must say for the price this is one heck of a bargain! I absolute love the look and plan on using it on a Leica when I eventually pick one up. Here´s three of the test shots out of the handful that were not cut off mid-frame...

Album1.jpg

Album2.jpg

Album3.jpg

w0i3kp.png

omgbn.jpg

Sorry for the lousy scans & prints, not the lenses' fault. :)

As strange as it may sound, I'm having tremendous fun using my $ 100 Jupiter-8 on the $ 7k Leica M 240. Much more so than using the 35mm Summilux that came with the review unit I'm currently testing. The Jupiter-8 just has so much character, because of its optical shortcomings rather then despite of them.

The picture below was taken at f/2.8, iirc. Btw., I don't understand what the naysayers have to complain about the M 240's image quality. It is outstanding. It's not the same as the M9. In my opinion, it is leagues better.

Red Deer Hind by efixphoto, on Flickr

Leica 111, 1957 Jupiter 8, Ilford Pan 400

Leica 111, 1957 Jupiter 8, Ilford Pan 400

Darkroom print on old Ilfospeed Glossy #3 Paper

Attachments

• Misty Tamborine.jpg
    Misty Tamborine.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 2
A Little Adjustment Needed

A Little Adjustment Needed

Caught this interesting scene in the local shopping centre.

Attachments

• Costume Adjustment copy.jpg
    Costume Adjustment copy.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1
Back