9073.jpg

excellent excavator driver)))

Zorki 3, J9, Svema KN1 from 1972, D76

img4623.jpg

conversation in the city

Zorki 3, J9, Svema KN1 from 1972, D76

img3834.jpg

July2.jpg

Kiev 2A, J-9 @ f/6.5, 1/50, 5222XX in D96 1+2, minimal agitation, EI 600. My dog's coat is so dark that to shoot her in natural, but not harsh light, I really have to shoot at the slowest possible shutter, push the film a stop, and develop to extract as much as possible out of the shadows. And this Jupiter-9 is such a challenging lens. It seems to loose all contrast at the drop of a hat, and I get way more duds with it than just about any other lens I own. But when it does well, it shines.

> It seems to loose all contrast at the drop of a hat, and I get way more duds with it than just about any other lens I own. But when it does well, it shines.
Just a suggestion: check the Black Paint used on internal glass elements that it has not flaked off. This happened to my 8.5cm F2 Sonnar. I used a Sharpie to blacken the exposed surfaces, solved the problem. I also use a very deep shade on it and the J-9.

But not this one-

On the Canon 7.
beach1_j9a.jpg

And this Jupiter-9 is such a challenging lens. It seems to loose all contrast at the drop of a hat, and I get way more duds with it than just about any other lens I own. But when it does well, it shines.

This definitely isn't my experience with the Jupiter 9, so you must have got a bit of a duffer:

Contax II-Roll7-APX100 (15).jpg

It's a lovely little lens. Hefty, yet surprisingly balanced. I don't have exposure notes for this one, but that was shot with a Contax II and APX100, so I'm guessing it was fairly close to wide open.

I should use this lens more; my Contax mount J9 is immaculate, while my LTM one is thrashed within an inch of its life and probably deserves to go in the bin. Sadly, I can't get the Contax mount one to mount on an Amedeo adapter, and I don't know why. Something just isn't fitting together properly.

Back