Kardon LTM Kardon PH-629 Rangefinder manual

Kardon M39 screw mount bodies
Local time
5:08 PM
I have this great camera made by Kardon for the Army Signal Corps with that great Ektar lens. I'm looking for a manual for it, as I'm confused as to the shutter setting and operation. Need a reference for myself.

Cheers.

Attachments

• 00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190928100714455_COVER.jpg
    00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190928100714455_COVER.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I was hoping to be able to point you to the butkus manuals website, but I've just done a web search for "Kardon PH-629 manual" and there's no link to butkus, just links to Harman-kardon which seems to make electronic stuff, and some other non-useful sites.

I think the one you want is TM 11-2334 "Camera PH-629" from 1951.

There are a couple of reprint services that can provide them.
I think there's also an Ebay seller that offers a collection of camera manuals on DVD/CD

The Kardon was a copy of the screwmount Leica III series cameras, with some improvements. The basic operation should be the same.

Shutter speeds have two dials, one for high speeds and one for low. You should only change shutter speeds when the camera is wound; do not change them after firing the shutter until you wind the camera.

You change the high speeds by lifting the dial on top of the camera and turning it to the speed you want then letting it drop back into place.

You set low speeds by first setting the high speed dial on top of the camera to 20-1. Then you set turn the low speed dial on the front of the camera to the speed you want. When going back to shooting with high shutter speeds, the front dial should be set to 20.

Loading film, rewinding and using the rangefinder should be the same as for a Leica III, IIIb, IIIc or IIIf. Manuals for those are easy to find.

Back