hilltime

Well-known
Local time
1:21 PM
I've recently been using my Komura 35/2.8 LTM lens and have been searching
around for info about the 36mm/1.8. Have seen pics on this forum of this lens
and a description of filter size. It's very odd as I have a catalog of Komura
lenses, and in two places it claims the filter size for this lens is 58mm which
I would find hard to believe. It seems they were sadly mistaken when the catalog was published in 1964.

Another comment, I have recently acquired a rectagular wide lens hood
marked Komura, and it bayonets over a 52mm filter size so approx. 54mm
in diameter. Again, looking in the Komura lens catalog, I find no Komura
lenses which have a 52mm filter size. Any suggestions as to what this lens
hood was made for?:confused:
Gary Hill

I've only seen three Komura LTM lenses in the metal - my own 36/1.8 which has a 46mm filter thread, a 28/3.5 and a 135/3.5 (or 2.8?) owned by friends. The latter two have much bigger diameter barrels/lens mounts, in fact the 135 looks like an SLR lens adapted for LTM.

Komura also manufactured lenses for other formats - SLR and etc. Aside from translation issues this could be another source for the inaccurate information in printed brochures from that era.

I'm still hoping to meet another 36/1.8 owner. :)

I have through the years acquired an 80mm/1.8, 80mm/3.5, 105mm/2 all LTM as well as a 135/2.8 for Exacta. These were all purchased after buying the 35/2.8 and finding the great image quality from this lens. I too would love to find the 36/1.8 but it seems like a needle in the haystack kind of of luck. Thanks for the reply,
Gary Hill

Ow, don't tell me you found it in Amsterdam!?

It's rare as hens teeth! Show some pictures of the lens itself please?!

Congrats, I'm only green with envy...:D

I'd love to find a 36mm f1.8!

I have to ask, where did you find it?!

Post some pics of it as well as the ones from it, just to rub it in!

Well done on your find...

Simon

How would you compare the optical quality of a Komura with, say, a Summicron of same vintage? The Komura can be quite expensive.

I found it in Italy paid like a vc 35/2.5. Will post a picture when I get back, mine one is a bit different, more recent graphics.

I do not have a 35 summicron. I have a summaron 35/2.8 and canon 35/2 and they are sharper and more contrasty. would say it compares a bit to canon 35/1.8. But it vignettes more has more "glow" when open up...i wish it could be compared to a summilux 35/1.4...

Sankyo Kohki Komura 36mm f1.8 LTM @f5.6 di mraposio, su Flickr

Arlanda, Komura 36/1.8 LTM di mraposio, su Flickr

That eBay seller has the same lens listed on his website for $215 less. Same S/N. If someone here is seriously looking at it.

I found it in Italy paid like a vc 35/2.5. Will post a picture when I get back, mine one is a bit different, more recent graphics.

I do not have a 35 summicron. I have a summaron 35/2.8 and canon 35/2 and they are sharper and more contrasty. would say it compares a bit to canon 35/1.8. But it vignettes more has more "glow" when open up...i wish it could be compared to a summilux 35/1.4...

Thanks. I have the Canon 35/2 and 35/1.8 and Summicron.

Back