Konica LTM Konica 35/2 UC-Hexanon LTM

Konica M39 lenses
Hmmm. after doing a search at RFF on all of the articles on the UC Hexanon and the listed serial numbers, I count 17 lenses owned by RFF members. Mfunnel, horibilis, jamxo, tbarker13, ISO, Venchka, galavanter, tjh, foto_fool, alan_davus, Hacker, peter_n, Sonnar2, RayPA, wintoid, sonyleica, and jungle jim.

Yo, Jungle Jim, get off the computer and go use that sweet little lens! Grinning. Thanks for the count. I thought it would be higher.

Number 686 here. Yes it's a small and exclusive club. Despite the merits of the optics, it's the only lens I've ever owned where I can remember the serial no. Take Wayne's advice, just use it. Another happy Matsuiya store customer.

I am still waiting for the coded adapter from John Milich. In the meantime I have also bought the 50 f2 M Hexanon from Matsuiya. Hopefully it will arrive on Monday from Japan.

An ebay search for UC-Hexanon has come up empty for over a week. Do you think they finally sold all of the new ones?

I just grabbed one from Matsuiyastore for $890. Before it was $860. Mine is #661. Another one just bought today by someone for $890. Now Matsuiya is listing two more for $908. Same condition. Don't you think there is sudden interest in this lens lately? Just wondering how many more Matsuiyastore has in stock considering this lens is limited.

DJ
not sure where he got his stocks from, all new!!

it was a limited production of 1000 units only.

I was pleasantly surprised to see such a lengthy thread on this lens, but there are not too many examples of shots from it - so I though I would throw in my 2 cents.

I have #712; bought from Matsuiya two months ago, first for my HexarRF and now on my new(ish) MP. I'm both pleased and poor.

Here are two shots - the swing is f/2 (for the bokeh whores) and the pole-thing is about f/5.6 (for the curious).

Last edited:
he is definitely out of new ones but reckons he can source some used ones. i noticed they were gone and asked.

Bummer - I was tempted to buy one from him several times but always ended up holding off. Looks like I should have pulled the trigger when I had the chance. I hope the fact that the "well ran dry" doesn't cause the price of second hand 35/2 UC's to jump out of the atmosphere (ie. Konica 60/1.2, 50/1.2).

Last edited:
Given that the prices of 35/2.0 Summicrons have jumped significantly since I started looking in 2005, I would think that prices for any of the "other" 35/2.0 lenses will keep pace. The Konica 1.2 lenses are keeping pace with the Noctilux. Racheted up because of the extra stops. Heck, even Canon & Nikkor 1.4 & 1.2 lenses are getting more dear.

Rogers: the photo of the child proves once again that Konica lenses don't flare. Well done!

2753032082_68fb25c427_b.jpg

and some more here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/14734139@N00/tags/rfhexauc3520/

cheers, Frank

Continuing to love this lens, so small and the pictures it takes are lovely!

Shot some slide film through it on my m6 the other day:

3080303935_31925a46dd_b.jpg

3081143834_1ec567cd9d_b.jpg

Anyone still use their UC-Hexanon?

How about some shots on a M9 or M Monochrom ;-)

What are alternative lens hoods, that work well and are compact on this lens (just bought a new sample and intend to keep the new hood in the box)?

Internet Lore & Myth says that the 35mm/2.0 UC-Hexanon is optically most nearly related to the 35mm/2.0 Summicron IV. I have no clue. I have never had the IV Summicron in my hands.
As for a hood, I would take a look at Heavystar Photo Gears. See what they have in 43mm.

Here you go. Looks like a clone of my UC-Hexanon hood.

http://www.heavystar.com/servlet/the-14736/New-Metal-43mm-Screw-dsh-in/Detail

Wayne

Just wondering if this type:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mint-Koni...55207152?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item3a740e72f0

... is the same (optically?) as the UC Hexanons that are being talked about in this thread?

The M Hexanon is different, right?!

The different versions are a tad confusing, I'm interested in the classic double gauss (Nikkor 35/1.8 LTM?) type...

Any info wold be a help!

Simon

Hi Simon!

This lens has a write-up on my web site. Not sure I should have sold that lens...

http://portretteur.nl/index.php?opt...rticle&id=53:uc-hex&catid=37:lenses&Itemid=58

It's optically the same lens as on the Hexar AF. Issue with it is that it 'suffers' from slight focus shift. Something Konica remedied it with the AF on the Hexar, and also remedied it in the UC-Hexanon 2.0/35mm by utilizing coating on all elements instead of only several in the L-Hexanon 2.0/35mm.

Brilliant, thanks Johan, its becoming clearer now. I'll have a read of your write up. That silver L version looks sweet on the M2!

Simon

Back