Konica LTM Konica 50/2.4 LTM?

Konica M39 lenses

gdi

Mentor
Local time
12:09 PM
I am thinking of trying one of these, I thought about a heliar classic, but I think the Koniica may be built better...

I know Erwin Puts did a test with it quite a while ago on his site comparing it with the modern 50 2.8 Elmar, and if I am not mistaken it was similar in some respects, better in others. I can't find that specific page on his site anymore since the changes were made, maybe someone can give something more definitive than I. If someone has tested the Heliar and an Elmar, they may be able to give some answers in that regard.

As far as places to buy one, since they are rare and collectibles, they sometimes end up in the hands of those who will charge more than something may be worth on an open market. Two sellers, Matsuiyastore (http://stores.ebay.ca/Matsuiyastore_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm) and jiri_e (http://shop.ebay.ca/merchant/jiri_e_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ) might be your best bet to get it at good prices, but will likely take time and patience. I believe Jiri has sold them in the past and I know I have seen them at Matsuiyastore for sure.

I am thinking of trying one of these, I thought about a heliar classic, but I think the Koniica may be built better...

If you are worried about the built quality, go for the Heliar, it is a tank, the built quality is exceptional!

I have been looking for the Konica 50/2.4 for quite a while now, I was offered one last week from Japan at around US$700 which is too high for me, the only one I could find is the one on eBay at US$650.

So far, I am very pleased with my Heliar so the Konica will have to wait.

ありがとうございました across the image of the item means it has been sold ..... "arigatougozaimashlta" .. translates into "thank you very much"
They have some very nice things here and the prices seem reasonable ..

Does anyone know how far behind the mount the lens protrudes when collapsed? (I.e., can it be collapsed on an Epson R-D1, which allows a maximum clearance of 20.5mm?)

The images from the 2.4 are markedly better than the VC Heliar whiichI have owned. Heliar is a nice lens, but the image quality is more of an acquired taste and the close focus is not very close. The Konica 2.0 probably offers superior image quality in comparison to the 2.4, but doesn't have the cuteness/rarity factor. I'm considering selling my own 2.0 and just using my 'lux for all 50mm tasks.

Well I have pretty much decided to pass on the 2.4. I have decided that my Elmar 2.8 is "good enough". :)

Back