Leica LTM Leica IIIC K - share info and questions

Leica M39 screw mount bodies/lenses
Could you check it for genuine proof? I have an offer to buy and a bit ****ting:

P1010015.JPG

P1010020.JPG

P1010021.JPG

P1010022.JPG

Looks authentic, but you may want to contact Jim Lager to be certain.

If you're really into Luftwaffe / Wehrmacht Leica items, you may also want to track down a copy of Jim's book, 'Wehrmacht Leica'. Most all the known serial numbers and delivery dates are listed.

Looks authentic, but you may want to contact Jim Lager to be certain.

If you're really into Luftwaffe / Wehrmacht Leica items, you may also want to track down a copy of Jim's book, 'Wehrmacht Leica'. Most all the known serial numbers and delivery dates are listed.

Thanks, how to contact Jim Lager?

Thank you for sharing mr.Lager's contacts, he is really great expert and wonder honour gentleman, I feel much gratefull to him and want to make big big compliment to his experience, magic insight and strong logic.

This camera is fake! And even isn't good fake...

What I have now:

1)He has photo of real #390416 and it is much different as I sent to him
2)It is not marked correctly
3)At this time the Luftwaffen-Eigentum marking would not have been on the rear vulcanite.
4)The paint is not correct and camera was repainted not so long time ago.
5)The lettering is not Leitz work - not correct letters and not match distance between letters.
6)batch 390401-390425 for the Luftwaffe
dated 17.2.44 shipment 9912 written as Luftwaffe (nor "Luftwaffen") in the Leitz Wetzlar delivery ledgers.
7)Screws on the sides of top plate are chromed (!), must be grey painted.
8)On the bottom, inside, camera is semi-black painted. Lol (they all were grey because of deficit of black paint), but it have to be also clear grey.
9)Character of shadows on bootom side's paint of inner elements says that there was a standard plate with instruction how to load film. Now it is lost. Why?
10)Character of brass oxidation on the shaped elements tells us that it was shaped at least few years ago - too light, have to be much deeper and dark oxidation on it.
11)Places and steps of shapes are not correct for normal wear - it is made in thin woulds (look at the viewfinder window) which is not contact anything in normal use. But really does when it is polished by the rag for make vintage look.
12)The degree of top plate paint's wear is not match to vulcanite's shape.
13)Character of vulcanite relief is not match to genuine paint (much more rude and too much of paint)

So, it is fake! And today I will get few mighty friends with me to the meeting with the seller, catch him and make his face a bit "Luftwaffen-Eigentum".

Thank you, mr.Lager - you saved me 3000 bucks!

Wow! What great info. Just goes to show that you can't take everything at face value, particularly when it comes to these cameras.

You're quite welcome -- we're all in this together, so anything that can benefit both you and future buyers is a win-win. I'm also glad we have a tremendous and generous resource in Jim Lager.

BTW I noticed that you had another thread regarding military lenses -- did you show the lens to Jim?

You're quite welcome -- we're all in this together, so anything that can benefit both you and future buyers is a win-win. I'm also glad we have a tremendous and generous resource in Jim Lager.

BTW I noticed that you had another thread regarding military lenses -- did you show the lens to Jim?

Yes, I have answer about one of them and kindly wait for second. Also I made request to Leica-historica deutsche society, to Axel Rosswog and his redaction group.
W.haven lense is from official military batch 16.12.40 on shipment 20569, but to Wien, nor Wilhelmshaven. Too far from the cold deep water, but... The word "haven" mean "cave" or "vault", and really in Vienna there was only kriegsmarine point - Kriegsmarine Wien Kriegsarchiv.
It made me hope that it is something more than just additionly rare marine engraving on the genuine military lens to add worth (too complicated for scammers). Will continue investigation...

774px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-H07908%2C_Erich_Raeder_in_Wien.jpg

Vienna Marine soldiers and Erich Raeder

Beware: as far i've researched all the military deliveries were to Berlin ( here there was the "Acquisitions Department" of the German Army in Berlin - Beschaffungsamt der Wehrmacht ) and from there routed to the various units. The only exceptions are some well-known consignments sent to ports and units of the Kriegsmarine.
Wien did not have an office of that kind and no one could authorize different procedures.
However I strongly recommend if you're interested in the subject follow the advice that I gave here, you will find more news of those that I can give:
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2194591#post2194591

Hope this helps, kind regards.

Could you check it for genuine proof? I have an offer to buy and a bit ****ting:

P1010015.JPG

P1010020.JPG

P1010021.JPG

P1010022.JPG

This is a fake, well first it's not even a "K" model, there's no stamp on the top plate and post 1940 cameras NEVER had the Luftwaffen markings stamped into the vulcanite.
(there's also other horrible mistakes, like bad color paint, open chrome screws, also a pre 1943 slow speed dial)
*this is one of those Eastern Bloc fakes, made maybe 10 or 15 years ago, from spare parts.*

Tom

A notice question.

Is there any K bearing on the curtain. If the original K curtain was replaced with a more modern curtain at a latter date, is the camera still a K bearing type camera?

Back