Lens From an old Yashica converted To LTM

wrs1145

A native Texan looking for the light.
Local time
6:54 PM
I've got an old Yashica Lynx 14 Thar has seen better days, but the huge lens is in great shape. I've seen on the internet that some people
adapt their lenses to Leica thread mount. Can you give me the name(s) of a shop that would do that for me?

Many thanks,
Bill

This is a 45mm lens, and cannot be easily adapted for RF coupled Leica mount. Skyllaney in Scotland could do it. as can some shops in Japan. It will be expensive, much more money than buying a Canon 50mm F1.4 in Leica mount. That lens has the same optical formula. I sold my Lynx 14 and Lynx 14e years ago, but used them enough to get the rendering of the lens. The Canon is better, and will run under $300 for a good one. Having the lens converted to RF coupled LTM- can be double that. "Hacking" it into a mount for a mirrorless camera is a DIY and cheap process, and people have done that.

This is a conversion that I did over 10 years ago, when mirrorless was new. Konica 30/1.9 from a Half-Frame (Totally dead) camera. Hacking, Dremel, filing, grafting... I ended up giving it to a friend for his u43.

RIMG0014.jpg

Last edited:
I'm unaware of anyone converting such lenses anymore, although there may be others here that know.

MS Optics in Japan used to do it, I sent Miyazaki-San several lenses from donor (dead) fixed lens rangefinders such as the Olympus 35SP, among others. This was done through Japan Exposures, but they appear to now be defunct, and MS Optics no longer does these, he specializes in his own designs.

Conversions of Contax G lenses are available (myfunleader.com) and there was someone doing a really quality replacement barrel M-mount for the 40/2.4 Summarit from the Leica point and shoot, but now those cameras are crazy expensive. They were planning the same for Contax T series lenses, but those cameras (even dead ones) are also priced in the clouds...

Win some.....Lose some. Thanks everyone for your valuable input.

Thanks,
Bill

Hey guys,
I have adapted some lens from Yashica Lynx14 to canon M (18mm flange distance) and I had to cut some the back part to be able introduce home made adapter and to focus at infinity. Now the rear group is very close to the sensor. Do you need 28.8mm for LTM mount and that means you can use this lens only for macro?

Attachments

• 83FD7ACE-4D40-4308-9BDE-9217D56A88A2.jpeg
    83FD7ACE-4D40-4308-9BDE-9217D56A88A2.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 5
LTM is 28.8mm. Conversions of this lens to LTM usually involves mounting the Optics into a new focus mount.

Back