Minolta LTM Minolta CHIYOKO SUPER ROKKOR 5cm F2 LTM - anyone heard of it?

Minolta M39 screw mount bodies/lenses
Yes, early Minolta.

I noticed a couple recently, which is somewhat irregular. Minolta did make a RF camera using the Leica LTM screw mount, this and the 45mm Super Rokker are the most commonly seen lenses. One is considered better than the other, I forget which, but that doesn't mean that both are not very good, as with most standard focal length lenses.

Nice lenses. Here's one of the very first ones made by Minolta in 1948.

U19271I1295038832.SEQ.0.jpg

David

Hi
I have some of the minolta/chiyoko's the 45 f2.8, the 50 f2 (your asking about) and the 50 f1.8, no results on film but some on a panasonic G1 (I'll post them later). The 50 F2 came first good strong colors some say its like a summitar . The 50 f1.8 is my favourite has that something. The 45 and 50 f2.8's are heliar related designs, I'd like to see the design of the 50 f1.8 (anyone!!) If your thinking of buying they are all good at the right price.
Sven

Thanks a lot, guys. Just curious if it's copying some of Leica's formula?

I know both Canon and Nikon (and Fujinon) has done so and did owned some of them, must say the performance is really good comparing with my Leica lens. What about Minolta? I have very few knowledge to what Minolta has done especially on RF.

I had one for a day or so. The lens was impressively solid and the rendering quite pleasant from my inital tests, but there was a problem with focusing so i returned it for a refund. I ended up with the Nikkor 5cm F2 instead, which is also a lovely lens and has the added advantage of close focusing up to 0.5 meter (without rangefinder coupling on the close end, but fine for mirrorless or scale focus).

Here's a sample image, the 1st or second snap on camera...

super rokkor 50mm f2 ltm -9 by Ben Sandler, on Flickr

Back