Minolta SRT-101 - Anyone have a spare battery compartment cover?

Tim Murphy

Well-known
Local time
6:12 PM
Dear Board,

I took a chance on a $ 9.00 SRT-101 at Shopgoodwill. It had pictures but no picture of the camera bottom plate. The camera arrived today and is 99% complete. All the shutter speeds can be selected and seem to be reasonably accurate. The viewfinder is clear and it is easy to focus. The 50mm f1.7 lens stops down to the chosen aperture so I imagine it can be used manual only and probably provide acceptable results.

Unfortunately, the battery cover is missing. I was wondering if anyone has a dead SRT body with a suitable battery cover they don't mind parting with? I'll gladly pay postage as I would like to at least attempt to see if the meter is functional before I put the camera in the something to mess with later/maybe pile.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg PA :)

Check eBay. You'll find one there, but it'll cost you twice what you paid for the camera & lens.
Dear Bill,

I saw those, hence my question. ;)

Using my best jury rigging talents a dime is almost a perfect fit. With a fresh battery and a piece of Gorilla tape to secure everything the meter matched a Gossen Luna Pro F in limited testing. I'll try it outside in the daylight tomorrow.

If things match up outside in various scenes I will begin my quest for another questionable SRT 101 with a different lens that has a battery cover. Just viewing the Ebay listings I should be able to score another body with battery cover and maybe a 35mm f2.8 Rokkor for about the same price as a battery cover.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Hey Tim, you watching this one on the GW site?

Dear AOA,

I bought a $ 13.00 one with a 50mm f/2 M lens out of Canada on SGW last night. It was advertised as working. It'll cost me $ 30.00 total to get it.

Not to be outdone, I bought a $ 12.00 battery compartment cover with cheap shipping from Ebay for $ 14.00.

If I get 2 working cameras for about $ 65.00 I'll be pumped. ;)

If not, I'll try again, for I am one stubborn Irish/American. I'll win not matter what it costs me! ;)

Regards,

Tim Murphy

I'd like to try the lens on this one.
I have two 58 1.4's but that's it Minolta lens wise for me.
I got lucky and got my last SR-T for $5 with no shipping involved since it was at the OC store near me. It was pretty ugly so no one else bid on it if I recall correctly. It cleaned up nicely and turned out to be nicer than the one I already had.

Back