Nicca / Tower LTM Nicca Take Up Spool

Nicca / Tower M39 screw mount bodies

Spavinaw

Well-known
Local time
5:00 PM
As best I can measure, the hole diameter of a Leica/Canon take up spool is 10.5mm, a Yashica YF is 9.7mm, a Nicca /Tower is 8.75mm, and there may be others. I'm looking for a Nicca 8.75mm one, and so far haven't found one. Does anyone know if there are other brand spools with the same diameter or how to sleeve a Leica spool to reduce it's diameter? And, no, I don't have a lathe.

The takeup spool in my Nicca 3S says "Germany" on it. I can't remember if the Leica's say Leica. It fits fine. Maybe the Canon spools?

O.K. folks, looks like I'm going to have to be a little more specific. I have a Sears Tower 45/46 body by Nicca. The spool that fits my particular body has an 8.75mm hole. I know. I have two of these bodies, one with a spool and one without a spool, so I know what I need. As stated above, a Leica/Canon spool has a 10.5mm diameter hole. Way too big. Even if you have a Tower 45/46 body with a size different from 8.75mm (a change during the production run maybe) that still does not change the fact that I need a spool with an 8.75mm hole. Now, let's try this again.

Two ideas:

1) overwrap the camera takeup spindle to 10.5mm and use a Leica spool.

2) starting with a too big spool, take a screwtop ballpoint pen and separate the top and bottom, either gets you a 'reducing' sheath. Trick then is to find a segment with inner dimension 8.75.

Back