• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 136

Arash

Established
Local time
1:10 AM
Hello friends
I hope someone here can point me in the right direction for fixing (re-setting) the self timer on my classic Olympus OM-1 SLR.

Lovely camera, all working and I got it in my head to beautify it with a new skin.
No problem. Have done this many times already on other cameras.
But when it came to the OM1, I had that long self timer handle to negotiate. Ignoring the loud voice in my head to leave it alone and just cut the leather around it, I got out the spanner tool and removed the handle, thinking I could easily reset it again.

As I was undoing the cover piece, I could hear the clockwork moving. The smart thing would have been to stop.

Anyway, the cover was off and I couldn’t get it back on.
Seemed I have to place the protrusion on the bottom of the timer handle between the tabs A and B marked in the attached picture.
I managed to clock the timer tab A over as you can see in the second picture.
Tab B did not move.
Happy that I had solved it, I screwed the timer setting arm back on (with the protrusion in the space between A and B) assuming once I ran the timer with the little lever all would be back to normal.

But, of course the timer release little lever does not activate the timer and the timer setting big lever just flops around uselessly.

What have I missed? (Besides the inability to listen to the little voices?)

Any guidance would be much appreciated.
This is an SLR, but I’ve mad much good help at RFF before, so thought I’d ask.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2161.jpeg
    IMG_2161.jpeg
    361.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2164.jpeg
    IMG_2164.jpeg
    362.5 KB · Views: 5
Back