Industar LTM russian lenses & M-mount adapter (industar-22/50)

Industar M39 lenses

triplefinger

Well-known
Local time
7:09 AM
I have both of these lenses (industar-22/50) and when I put them on my Bessa R3A using the M-Mount adapter, the adapter blocks the lens from being released from the infinity lock.
I'll usually just unscrew the lens, release it, and go about my business. I have to say, this workaround in getting annoying.

Other than altering the adapter, does anyone have a workaround? I don't have the problem with my summaron 35/3.5 and both the industar 22 & 50 behave exactly the same, so i figure it's the soviet tech which is the culprit!!

input is appreciated.

thanks, Mike

Last edited:
Some of the early I22/50's have problems on the later FSU bodies as well. The early bodies had a lens mount that was proud and therefore allowed space. Why not unscrew and remove the lock pin. Don't lose the spring and keep it in a safe place in case you need to pass the lens on.

I did what Kim suggests to my I-22 that I use on my CL. I also have to have it off to use the lens on my Canon 7 (the .95's extra flange gets in the way) so this was an easy solution for me. I screwed the three parts back together for storage in a ziplock baggie.

William

Back