TLR CLA Question

Steve B

Established
Local time
9:58 AM
Hey everybody, I know this isn't about a rangefinder but I know there are lots of knowledgeable people here who use and shoot other cameras as well.
I have a Rolleicord TLR that my dad bought in the PX in Germany when he was stationed there in 1954. It was the first real camera I used when my brother and I took a photography class at the local Art Center when I was 14. As I have a number of other old cameras and enjoy them very much my Dad gave it to me a few years ago as he wasn't going to use it anymore. I've always said I was going to have it CLA'd and use it a bit and now its finally time. So I'm looking for recommendations on where to send it for service. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
I'm going to visit him and my Mom late this summer and I think it would be a blast to bring it along so we both could shoot with it a bit. He got me started in photography 35 years ago and we still share the passion.

Mark Hansen, Portland Oregon, [email protected], does an excellent job and is very affordable. Unlike alot of repair shops, Mark makes sure that all components of your camera are working properly. Too often the camera shop will repair the malfunctioning part of the camera that the owner complained about but the rest of the camera isn't looked at. Then when the camera gets returned to the repair shop the shop charges another repair fee and the hapless customer is out some good coin. Mark doesn't work that way, he checks out the complete camera and repairs the components that need repairing, this is why he can guarantee his repairs and rarely sees a comeback. Mark specializes in Rolleiflex, Rolleicord, Ikoflex, Super Ikonta/Ikomat and the odd Zeiss product.

Back