Nikkor LTM W-Nikkor-C 2.5cm F4 LTM

Nikkor M39 screw mount lenses

tlwalker53

Established
Local time
8:47 AM
Made a lunchtime run over to C&H photo in La Jolla and found this little thing on consignment for $300. Anyone know the filter thread size and if there's a replacement hood option? It needs cleaned but otherwise I think it will be a fun user. Apologize for the cell phone shot...

34.5mm filter size and lens cap.

Kinda irregular size but there's a Nikkor enlarger lens that also has the same size. I have such a 'Nikon'-marked cap that came of an enlarger lens but no W-Nikkor to put it on.

Holy crap.
Just resell it, you'll triple your money. Or more if it came with the finder.

I have one for my Nikon RF. It's an interesting lens...not sure I'd keep it if I could sell it for a huge profit.

Thanks Johan.

Corran, unfortunately it didn't have the viewfinder, cap, or hood. Still, just looked and only 900 made. I'll get it cleaned up and see how it shoots.

Thanks,

Terry

Oh man, I've been looking for an affordable one of those for years! You got a great deal there -- you'd probably find takers at 3-4 times that price.
34.5mm filters are rare beasts these days. (I happen to have one for sale - UV/skylight - if you're interested.) An alternative might be a 34.5mm series VI adapter, which isn't too hard to find (try Ednalite). Nikkor 34.5mm clip-on caps are easy to find on eBay. I think you'll need deep rear cap, also usually available on eBay.
Enjoy the new lens!
::Ari

Looks like you've spotted a rare bird.

I recently bought (and then sold) the Nikon RF version for $1200. An LTM, being much rarer, should be worth quite a bit more if it's in good shape.

It's a very nice BW lens, though not very useful for color (which is why I sold mine). It vignettes a lot and produces color shift and noise in the corners if you try to correct this.

If you like to collect things or buy/sell for $$, grab it. If you just want to shoot with that focal length for a modest price, get a CV – it vignettes quite a bit less.

If you acquire it and want a CLA, be sure to find someone who knows what he's doing. The aperture blades are tiny and fragile. Maybe DAG.

They don't really have to have a hood, because the lens is recessed so far into the mount.

It's definitely got a signature. I like mine but stopping down to f/11 or f/16 always bugs me. I can't wait to try it on a Leica M9 with an adapter (yes I know, it won't focus, but who needs focusing on a 25mm lens?!).

Back