W/NW Pictures with Jupiter 3

Jupiter-3 with a red filter on some HP5+ in Amsterdam.

14955060484_5bb963c924_b.jpg

I'm really tempted to snag a copy of this lens, since the weak ruble makes it super cheap over at molotok.ru. However, I think the hassle of it may not be worthwhile...trying to convince a seller to ship to the US, sending money electronically to Russia (I think PayPal does not work for US-Russia transfers), and trusting Почта России to get it out of the country and into my hands. Thoughts?

and trusting Почта России to get it out of the country and into my hands. Thoughts?

Forget about Pochta Rossiy. With them, it can take 8 weeks to get a letter from one side of Moscow to the other.

Better to use a carrier like DHL or UPS. They are all present in Russia as well.

I'm really tempted to snag a copy of this lens, since the weak ruble makes it super cheap over at molotok.ru. However, I think the hassle of it may not be worthwhile...trying to convince a seller to ship to the US, sending money electronically to Russia (I think PayPal does not work for US-Russia transfers), and trusting Почта России to get it out of the country and into my hands. Thoughts?

All of the gear I received was done by Почта России. It takes it longer here by Canada Post.
PayPal still works in Russia. But you need to find the seller with J3 and PayPal, at least.

Cheers, Koстя.

"It's Friday I'm in love."
by Ko.Fe., on Flickr

wide open and misfocused

wide open and misfocused

[

Wonderful image!

QUOTE=Filzkoeter;2057428]
Untitled by Filzköter, on Flickr

Wide open (and misfocused ;) ). Same camera + lens as above, only Kentmere 400 in xtol this time.[/QUOTE]

I have both the 1959 J-3 and the CZJ ,a 1946 ver. Anyone here ever compare these two on a Leica iiif ? To my knowledge neither has had shim work. Which might give the best performance? I know a test roll with each is probability the best way to judge just trying to get a jump on things.

The Jupiter-3 is much more expensive than Jupiter-8. I rarely use the lens wide open, so I might not purchase a Jupiter-3 lens. In addition, the quality control issues are enough to abhor.
For close-ups, your camera should be adjusted to the chosen lens.

Back