Leotax LTM Weird behavior on Leotax ltm body

Leotax M39 screw mount bodies

weihsuan

Established
Local time
3:33 PM
Hi all,

I have a Leotax T2 ltm body, one that has a high speed knob on top of the camera, and a slow speed knob on the front (like a iiic/iiif). No self timer. It also has a 50mm frameline in the finder which is nice.

When the slow speed knob is set to anything other than 1/30s (ie. 1s, 1/2s, etc), the shutter will release at the slow speed setting. This is regardless of the high speed setting. So I can have my high speed setting set at 1/125s, slow speed at 1/2s, shutter will release at 1/2s.

Additionally, the last bit of shutter advance is rough when the slow speed knob is set to anything other than 1/30s.

I'll think that there's something wrong as my iiif does not behave this way. But could this be the way Leotaxes were built?

Can anyone comment on this?

Thank you!

The camera simply needs to be serviced. More than likely it's just a case of failed lubricants binding part of the speed selection mechanism, thus keeping the slow speed escapement engaged when it shouldn't be.

I had one of those Leotax models before. That is NOT normal behavior. I also recommend you have it serviced. it does have a nice viewfinder. If it's working well it can be a pleasure to shoot.

Thank you both for the confirmation.

I'll consider sending it in for service although it doesnt really hurt the usage for now.

I had several leotax cameras in the past. I seen a camera apart there is spring and a metal tab. (thin easy to bend) anyhow if the spring is moved or tab bent the camera will not advance correctly. The camera will need serviced.

Back