What have you just BOUGHT?

Speaking of nostalgia, I'm waiting for the last piece to complete the set of lenses I owned originally used when I first became obsessed with photography. Over the last couple of years I put together these lenses one by on--the 35/2.8 Nikkor-S, the 50/1.4 Nikkor-S and the 85/1.8 Nikkor-H. Now I have ordered the 24/2.8 Nikkor-N C. to complete the quartet. Those were my original lenses.

I've bought several old Nikkor lenses of various focal lengths over the last few years, most of them being fine but some being dogs. Seemed hard to find the specific ones I wanted that weren't beat up badly. I'm hoping this 24mm is in good shape to replace the one I bought before it, affectionately called "Squeaky".

Looking forward to trying it! It was at a local shop for nearly nothing. They listed it as 'well used' but other than a tiny bit of paint loss on the focus ring, it's perfect. I'll put it on an ME Super.

I finally ran out of pack film at the start of the year, so I’ve just bought a nons instax back for the Hasselblad…massively impressed with the quality of the back and also instax square film

Attachments

• IMG_0054.jpeg
    IMG_0054.jpeg
    277.7 KB · Views: 7
Classic stuff. Black/blue.

I don't know if you have watched the video below but not bad for a £10 watch.

I just put another battery in my W-71 (which I think predates the F-91W) -- I got it in 1985 for maybe $15. I'm starting to wonder when the calendar will run out, and just what will happen then. Multiple strap replacements along the way; still a great watch.

I just put another battery in my W-71 (which I think predates the F-91W) -- I got it in 1985 for maybe $15. I'm starting to wonder when the calendar will run out, and just what will happen then. Multiple strap replacements along the way; still a great watch.
Personally, I prefer the aesthetics of the Casios that came before the F91w, like yours. 👌

Bought a non-working Braun Paxette 1 (1953 vintage) complete with case for £6.50 on eBay
Seller stated that the shutter didn't fire - and it still doesn't.
I really wanted its' Kata 45mm f2.8 lens (with aperture blades that would only open to f4!)
Unscrewing the lens the aperture wouldn't budge.
It took real brute force to get any movement. You would cringe to read what I had to do with a mole wrench! But with persistent working back and forth, a drop of alcohol, and a drop of something stronger, the blades are now very easy up to f16, an aperture I'm unlikely to use.
I've now to be realistic. I've no use for the body so it's best sent to 'scrap metal' and then the rather classy leather case to 'land-fill'.
I can't see any realistic alternatives - can you?
All a bit of a shame but the world has changed in the last 70 years.

Bought a non-working Braun Paxette 1 (1953 vintage) complete with case for £6.50 on eBay
Seller stated that the shutter didn't fire - and it still doesn't.
I really wanted its' Kata 45mm f2.8 lens (with aperture blades that would only open to f4!)
Unscrewing the lens the aperture wouldn't budge.
It took real brute force to get any movement. You would cringe to read what I had to do with a mole wrench! But with persistent working back and forth, a drop of alcohol, and a drop of something stronger, the blades are now very easy up to f16, an aperture I'm unlikely to use.
I've now to be realistic. I've no use for the body so it's best sent to 'scrap metal' and then the rather classy leather case to 'land-fill'.
I can't see any realistic alternatives - can you?
All a bit of a shame but the world has changed in the last 70 years.
So this is the non-rangefinder model with (inconvenient) extinction meter? I got one here a few years ago -- the holiday giveaway. Cute camera and well made, though not of great specification (e.g. the Staeble-Kata). But I didn't get a case, so don't go pitching it just yet! :)

Back