Your Most Essential Hasselblad Lenses?

Your Most Essential Hasselblad Lenses?

• Total voters
Nice to see this thread come to life again..

I've added a 50 to my previous set of SWC, 80, Makro-Planar and 150. At some point, maybe this year, I'll likely add the CFV-50c back.

I upgraded some of my key lenses, the CF versions of the 60, 80, 100 & 180 are now CFi and CFe, a move to promote smoother focusing in cold weather and better longevity with Niravox main springs.

Professionally, I’ve used Hasselblads a lot, but never owned one.

I own a Rolleiflex 6008, and a 80mm on two-and-a-quarter square just feels… well… right. :)

You're one of 3 people using a Rollei 6000 - I can't even find a decent prices SLX...

I currently love my 80 F lens and my CF 150 on my Pentax 645

Wide is my fav, and have several Lenses, but my most used one is the 40. I'd love a 38, but that is a totally separate unit.

I got the camera for Landscapes, thus the 40 f4. Anybody use a B104 Red Filter?
Darth, that's one filter I have never purchased for the Hassey. You can bet when a good one comes out on the Bay; it will be snapped up fast, as the 40 is a well used lens. Ever thought about a real deep orange?. There's a real nice one on the Bay now; and again not cheap.

When I used a Hasselblad the 80 was by far the most used. Had a 50, 60, 80, 150, 250 at one time or another. Used them all at one time or another.

Darth, that's one filter I have never purchased for the Hassey. You can bet when a good one comes out on the Bay; it will be snapped up fast, as the 40 is a well used lens. Ever thought about a real deep orange?. There's a real nice one on the Bay now; and again not cheap.

Definitely a good reason for going with the CF version, it uses 93mm drop-in types which can be economically adapted to much more common 95mm filters via this adapter ring. I use it with both my 40mm F4 FLE CF and 350mm F5.6 CF, it does vignette a bit with the 40 but it's way better than nothing especially when using filters like a polarizer or R72 for infrared.

Definitely a good reason for going with the CF version, it uses 93mm drop-in types which can be economically adapted to much more common 95mm filters via this adapter ring. I use it with both my 40mm F4 FLE CF and 350mm F5.6 CF, it does vignette a bit with the 40 but it's way better than nothing especially when using filters like a polarizer or R72 for infrared.
Your Lens is a beauty, and in the long run; way cheaper on filters due to lots out there. A polar for mine cost me $400 (used), but like new

38mm Biogon :)

I wanted to include the 38mm Biogon in the survey, but there were not enough response options to include both the 30mm and 38mm. So I had to leave out one or the other, and decided to list all the lenses that fit on the 500CM bodies. Nevertheless, I do have a SWC/38mm and it is one of my most-used Hassie lenses. I'm a wide-angle type. I use the 38, 40, 50, 60 the most. I do have the 80, 100, and 150, but they are used less. I bought the 100 because it is such a well-regarded lens; but I seem not to find much application for the focal length, and the 150 doesn't see that much use, either. I like the 120mm field of view, but I didn't keep the Makro-Planar because of its softness at longer subject distances, requiring stopping down to f/16 for acceptable sharpness. A great lens at close distance, though!

About a year or so ago I had the 50/60/80/100/150, all very close but I was trying out different things seeing what suited me composition-wise and while I appreciated each lens individually I eventually settled on the 60 and 100mm CF lenses as a pair and sold the 50/80/150 trio (which in itself is a wonderful and well-rounded kit).

So a few years later now my kit is the 60 and 100. Suits me just fine whenever I use the old Blad.

I have only used two China made Hassylbald mount lenses. Both are very rare, and was made to order for the military in 1970's, and only 20 some pieces were made. The one on the right is the 1000mm F6.7 mirror lens, much compact than a Zeiss Mirotar 1000mm F5.6.

Another one is a 311mm F5 prime that is quite sharp, and equally rare.

I don't have a real favorite; It depends on what I am doing.

Right now it's the 100mm F3.5 Zeiss T* Planar. What a great lens..........

What subjects do you use the 30mm Distagon for?

What subjects do you use the 30mm Distagon for?

This one isn't common. The 30mm F3.5 Distagon Hasselblad Fisheye.
Need to get out more and use it this year!

002 by Nokton48, on Flickr

I have thought of getting the 30mm, despite the fisheye rendering, just to get a lens wider than 38/40mm for my outdoor panoramic shots. Even the 38mm is only equivalent to a 25mm on 135 format. The 30mm would be more like a 20mm in image width. But I'm not enough of a fisheye fan to carry this heavy and expensive lens in my kit.

What subjects do you 30mm Distagon owners use it for? Maybe I should start a 30mm Distagon image thread.

Back