Any film labs open near NY?

Mudman

Well-known
Local time
2:02 PM
I live upstate, and my local lab in Albany is shut for at least another month. Any leads? I'm afraid of the backlog if I go that long. Yes I could develop b&w at home, but the minerals in my well water leaves stains and calcium on my negatives.

The Governor Of New York put out a list of “essential” businesses that can remain open. Food stores, liquor stores, medical offices and believe it or not, hedge funds.
Everything else is shuttered. Believe the same prevails in New Jersey and Connecticut. Best off mailing it to the Midwest.

The Governor Of New York put out a list of “essential” businesses that can remain open. Food stores, liquor stores, medical offices and believe it or not, hedge funds.
Everything else is shuttered. Believe the same prevails in New Jersey and Connecticut. Best off mailing it to the Midwest.

Where though in the midwest?

Dwayne's Working?

Dwayne's Working?

Dwayne’s Working??

I have a shipment coming from them next week (it was mailed on Thursday 26 March). I don't know if they are still open. Nothing on their webpage says one way or the other. Best advice: telephone them before sending any film.

I have a shipment coming from them next week (it was mailed on Thursday 26 March). I don't know if they are still open. Nothing on their webpage says one way or the other. Best advice: telephone them before sending any film.

I was going to Monday, but Kansas just got put on lockdown as well. Millers is closed, I’m betting Dwayne’s is now too.

Even before the Virus and the lockdown...
most professional film labs in NYC have shut down... who can play these exorbitant crazy rents.

Even before the Virus and the lockdown...
most professional film labs in NYC have shut down... who can play these exorbitant crazy rents.

Maybe those exorbitant crazy rents will ease up a bit post-apocalypse. Better to rent at a lower rate than have empty shop space and still pay property taxes on it.

Or maybe not. Then it's "hello 1980s New York" again.

Be well, Helen!

I ended up using the darkroom in California. They did an excellent job and the scans have been a great digital contact sheet.

Back