B&H no longer shipping D-76 possibly more

Steve_Pfost

Established
Local time
10:54 AM
I went to purchase d-76 yesterday after it had been discontinued and replaced by the 2019 formula and it states pick up in store only. So I inquired about this and was told they are no longer shipping darkroom chemicals due to NYC regulations. I wrote back asking if it was just certain chemicals or all and have yet to hear back. Talk about a bummer!

Anyone have a suggestion for the next best place? I’ve only ever purchased from them.

I just got a jug of DD-X on Friday via Fed-Ex from B&H. They had a stretch several years back where chemistry wasn’t being shipped, something about some tunnel.

I used Freestlye during that last no ship mess, and order direct from Moersch (which is cheaper than B&H or Freestyle right now - even with shipping).

I wrote back asking if it was just certain chemicals or all and have yet to hear back.

Browsing the B&H website just now, I see most darkroom chemicals are still shipping. Evidently there's something about the new D-76 in particular.

FWIW, they're still shipping ID-11, which is Ilford's counterpart to D-76.

I went to purchase d-76 yesterday after it had been discontinued and replaced by the 2019 formula and it states pick up in store only. So I inquired about this and was told they are no longer shipping darkroom chemicals due to NYC regulations.
What do NYC regulations have to do with it? Their warehouse is in NJ.

It's the new shipping restrictions on the HQ in the listed Kodak D-76 formula. A stupid over use for skin lightening by shady cosmetic creams has led to this; one of Kodak's best and best known products being unable to ship through the largest single photographic retailer on the planet.

Some of you might be too young to remember what a cultural, economic and photographic force Big Yellow Father Kodak used to be. It seems that "Kodak" Alaris has forgotten as well..

Back