Canada, Ontario. The Golden Horseshoe and arounds.

It may be true that Golden Horseshoe soil isn't the best farmland, but there is no shortage of reasons to be against subdivisions. The biggest one is probably that the kind of suburban development we do in the US and Canada a fiscally unsustainable debt trap. There's a Canadian fella from London, ON who moved to Amsterdam and makes educational videos on urban planning. In one of his videos he cites Guelph as a rare example of a local government in North America who looked at their own books and made changes to their planning policies and have seen real success as a result.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nw6qyyrTeI

He and you have to look at the map of Belgium.

And Guelph is not exploded with new subdivisions (but they have a lot new ones already) only because here is no pipes from and into Ontario Lake. I have been in Guelph, looking at new subdivisions, it is absolutely nothing different, just a city marketing spin.

New attraction on Niagara Falls, Ontario.

L1009487.jpg

L1009506.jpg

L1009511.jpg

L1009517.jpg

While we were in elevator from the tunnel one older lady told something from the Cold War, like "Russians hit us..."

Before COVID I meet Mircea Popescu. I know him at previous job for years, but he was able to set his own photo company. after it
We met at Downtown camera, just both came to visit.
He let me in in his studio and showed his work. It was impressive to see it in real. Very big prints, he have to trade his Canons to FujiFilm dMF to keep up with clients demand for high quality large prints.

http://www.artphotomircea.com/

Thank you for sharing this link to the work of Mircea Popescu— wonderful images. I can see how there would be much demand for his prints.

Thank you for sharing this link to the work of Mircea Popescu— wonderful images. I can see how there would be much demand for his prints.

He is one of the true professionals with solid background for sure.

Closest to us Lake Huron shore part. Blue Mountain - Wasaga Beach.

Click image for larger version  Name:	_MG_9337.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.7 KB ID:	4797620

Mid of August, water was warmer than air.

Click image for larger version  Name:	_MG_9404.jpg Views:	0 Size:	257.2 KB ID:	4797622

Click image for larger version  Name:	_MG_9404.jpg Views:	0 Size:	257.2 KB ID:	4797622

Click image for larger version  Name:	_MG_9428.jpg Views:	0 Size:	265.7 KB ID:	4797623

Used cheap 12v to AC converter from Amazon to light up 8W energy saving lamp.

How GO train works in fourth largest city in NA?

On Sunday they had EX (old fashion exhibition), Jays (baseball) event and cosplay convention. Trains were so packed. It was impossible to board four stops before Union in Toronto.
But no additional trains or buses.

L1009583.jpg

And today they have canceled last train (total is five trains per day to one direction) to our half-a-million boonies part of GTA. With offering to take a fifty people capacity bus, for something like five hundreds passengers. The reason, some of three who operates each train called sick. You know, how many millions people, but GO doesn't bother to keep standby.

L1009584.jpg

Thank you.

MP called today as day off and went to England, with delegation.
Premier of Ontario motto was "greed no grief". All have to work or study today in Ontario.

L1009660.jpg

L1009654.jpg

Company I work for changed from 9to5 to work all week. I took fifty-fifty weekends. This is some so-so event at the edge of company's building during weekend. They called it as Sugar Beach festival.

L1009627.jpg

L1009607.jpg

L1009640.jpg

Click image for larger version  Name:	_MG_9469.jpg Views:	0 Size:	601.6 KB ID:	4804727

They gave me one day off while working on nine days period.
Went with dog to the remaining forest. It is called as "model forest" now.
Leash free is allowed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	_MG_9469.jpg Views:	0 Size:	601.6 KB ID:	4804727

Back