Canon LTM Canon 7 and Schneider DKL mount lenses

Canon M39 M39 screw mount bodies/lenses

Novembersierra

Venice, ITA
Local time
12:13 PM
Hello all,
As I wrote in the introduction, I happen to have a Canon 7 and some Schneider Kreuznach lenses in DKL mount, originally made for the Kodak Retina Rangefinders.

It's mount is not so common, since those cameras all had a leaf shutter right behind the lens.
However, my aim is to use these lenses on my Canon with ltm mount.
Was it made before?

I figured that I could use a generic (albeit expensive, around 100 EUR for a metal one) DKL to m42 adapter with an aperture ring (the lenses have none) and then a m42 to m39 (should be equivalent to LTM right? noob question).

I currently have a DKL to EOS too, so if an EOS to LTM exists it would be cool and save me some $$.

Moreover, I'll lose rf coupling, right? Guess focusing shouldn't be a problem, since lenses are all quite slow.
They all have a rf cam, the problem is just the link between the lens and the camera, lost with the adapters. Anyone ever tried to order an adapter machined to personal request, with a cam in it? Is it super-expensive?
Thanks and sorry for the multiple questions, I'm just curious.

PS In case you were wondering, as a student I'm not that interested nor have the possibility to afford other 3 or 4 new lenses just for the Canon, and that's why I'm trying to use what I have. :rolleyes:

All has been said above. What about inexpensive soviet lenses for Canon 7? A Jupiter 8 should be cheap and render nice, natural images.

In that time- prices on Deckel mount adapters is way down, just bought one for M-Mount for $20.

It is possible to make an RF cam for the 50mm lenses, have done that for other SLR lenses. I have a spare 50/1.9 Xenon. I have four of them.

All has been said above. What about inexpensive soviet lenses for Canon 7? A Jupiter 8 should be cheap and render nice, natural images.
If it is not wide angle, or collapsible. And you can get the good copy which was not built on the day there was too much Vodka! I don't want to support you know who either!

Support whoever you want (so do I). I think the OP doesn’t read our responses after ten years (he probably isn’t a tight on budget student anymore either).

Back