"Downgrading" to M10?

Is the quality of your new M10 files worse than the M10 files you said you had on your computer? Do you think Gigapixel brings the files from your new M10 up to the same quality as the GFX50R?

I took the test images in home, bad lighting conditions (just random shots in living room), but I have similiar shots taken witg GFX. Absolutely no contest. Those sample shots I had were taken in better conditions and they were more "real" images, so they looked better. I will tomorrow take some real shots.

The main difference I saw was the noise. I settled for max ISO1600. And the highlight recovery is very poor. The shadows open up nicely, but still, I would any day choose the image quality of my old D800 that I bought when it came (2012?).

Gigapixel does not help these issues, but it helps very nicely to enlarge the files to some degree. The exposure has to be good to begin with. I mean, much better than GFX file. I hardly ever got even any test pictures with GFX that didn't have great tonality, noise and sharpness in them, even if the exposure was off quite a lot.

I used 35mm ASPH Cron and 50/2 Planar with newest Capture One Pro.

Back