Negative Lab Pro

I avoid FB like the plague. I have emailed Nate x2 from his contact info. No reply. I'm using 1.2.1, registered version. Any of you all know other means to contact him? TIA, frank

Frank -

To get the 1.3 Beta it appears that you need to be on the facebook group.

Nate says this makes it easier for him.

He's notify everyone when he's ready to a formal release, but in the meantime, it's Facebook.

The 1.3 Beta is terrific, a big improvement, and very solid. Highly recommend this.

Col, thanks for your response. I was concerned that would be the case as to FB. Sure doesn't make it easier for his paying customers. :D :D Frank

Following is an excerpt from a thread on fred miranda dot com

natephoto

Post icon p.1 #7 · Negative Lab Pro
"Nate here, maker of Negative Lab Pro. Sorry for not getting to your emails yet. I can't always respond immediately, especially when I'm working overtime to get a new version out. It's literally just me doing everything, so thank you for your patience!

Version 2.0 of Negative Lab Pro will be released next week. It will be a major upgrade over the existing NLP, and it will be a FREE update to existing users (and people who are still trying Negative Lab Pro will be another 12 free conversions to test.) It will be emailed out to all existing users (no need to join any group).

What's new in 2.0:
* Major improvements to the tone and color processing engines
* Improvements to camera profile calibrations
* More nuanced tone and color controls without hue shifts or jumps (a big issue with v1)
* Newer, smarter auto-color algorithms
* Vuescan RAW support with custom scanner profiles
* Tiff Scan Support with gamma utility
* Improved stability and memory management (particularly in batch mode).

Basically, v2.0 absolutely blows v1 out of the water.

Regarding v1.3.1, I learned from the main launch of Negative Lab Pro that sometimes it is helpful to have prereleases to smaller audiences... even if something is looking good with my particular setup (scanner, camera, film, etc), it may still need some work under a different setup. Having the pre-release on Facebook let's me get immediate feedback from users, and diagnose how to improve it. So even though 1.3.1 was an improvement over v1.2, I still wasn't happy with it... There are still some bugs and image quality issues in it that I wanted to address before sending out to other users. I understand that Facebook isn't for everyone, but it does make it easy for me to get quicker feedback from users and make improvements faster!

Hope that explanation helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!"

Col, thanks for your response. I was concerned that would be the case as to FB. Sure doesn't make it easier for his paying customers. :D :D Frank

Understand. Nate says he'll email all registered and trial users when the formal release of ver 2 is made. In the meantime, it's FB for those who want to exercise the Beta 1.3

Following is an excerpt from a thread on fred miranda dot com

natephoto

Post icon p.1 #7 · Negative Lab Pro
"Nate here, maker of Negative Lab Pro. Sorry for not getting to your emails yet. I can't always respond immediately, especially when I'm working overtime to get a new version out. It's literally just me doing everything, so thank you for your patience!

Version 2.0 of Negative Lab Pro will be released next week. It will be a major upgrade over the existing NLP, and it will be a FREE update to existing users (and people who are still trying Negative Lab Pro will be another 12 free conversions to test.) It will be emailed out to all existing users (no need to join any group).

What's new in 2.0:
* Major improvements to the tone and color processing engines
* Improvements to camera profile calibrations
* More nuanced tone and color controls without hue shifts or jumps (a big issue with v1)
* Newer, smarter auto-color algorithms
* Vuescan RAW support with custom scanner profiles
* Tiff Scan Support with gamma utility
* Improved stability and memory management (particularly in batch mode).

Basically, v2.0 absolutely blows v1 out of the water.

Regarding v1.3.1, I learned from the main launch of Negative Lab Pro that sometimes it is helpful to have prereleases to smaller audiences... even if something is looking good with my particular setup (scanner, camera, film, etc), it may still need some work under a different setup. Having the pre-release on Facebook let's me get immediate feedback from users, and diagnose how to improve it. So even though 1.3.1 was an improvement over v1.2, I still wasn't happy with it... There are still some bugs and image quality issues in it that I wanted to address before sending out to other users. I understand that Facebook isn't for everyone, but it does make it easy for me to get quicker feedback from users and make improvements faster!

Hope that explanation helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!"

this is the link to the source if anyone is interested:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1599028/0#14872419

Friends -

Nathan Johnson just announced elsewhere that the next point update of Negative Lab Pro will be released early next week, along with a "Black Friday" discount. This LR add-in software is excellent for working with color negatives, either by Camera-Scan or from some dedicated film scanners. Version 2.0.0 does a great job, and there are further improvements in 2.1.

New users can purchase, and current licensees can download the new version at http://negativelabpro.com

Nathan Johnson: My plan is to get out v2.1 by monday and have a $10 off licenses then for 72 hours...

The $10 off Cyber Monday 2019 discount on the purchase of NLP ends on December 5th - which is today.

Back