Connecticut Southern New England Photo Ride (CT/RI Border)

Wind Warning?

Wind Warning?

There is a high wind warning for Friday afternoon and evening posted for the Connecticut Valley up through southeastern Massachusetts. I hope this wind does not defoliate the trees :( .

See you all Saturday morning at the park & ride. :)

PS - To celebrate World Toy Camera Day on October 21 I am bringing along my Holga and a roll of expired Portra 160...

Yes, we have had a strange fall. The trees in my yard have gone from green to brown on my lawn with no color in between. I hope we get something nice to shoot.

Where I live its gone from really cold at the beginning of the week to really warm today. Weird. I'm just hoping for a bit of sun early Saturday morning. :)

Yeah, but once the front blows through with 60 mph winds falling trees and downing wires all over where we want to drive it should clear up. We should have a cool windy morning tomorrow.

It's pretty nasty here in Foxboro at the moment but the weather tomorrow promises to be better: sunny, windy & cool. Probably not good for slow shutter speeds, though.

Are we going to leave all but one car at the meeting point or will we drive the route individually with stopping points to be determined?

It's been raining since last night, and now the wind's howling. I also heard it would be sunny tomorrow. I just hope the ground dries up early or we'd be shooting in mud, or from the street.

As of 6:30 pm Friday the Saturday forecast for the Mystic, CT area is for sunny skies, winds 20-30 mph with higher gusts and chance of afternoon clouds.

Just home from work & I got drowned between the subway & my house. Torrential rain! From here it looks like tomorrow is going to be OK but I think I might wear my boots...

Should have saved partying with my college buddies for a different night.

It was a great morning though, thanks for coming down for the ride guys.

It was a fun trip, count me in again. And Peter, thanks again for the lift.

I should have my photos back from the lab by Wednesday evening; hopefully got one or two keepers out of the bunch.

This was just a great morning's shoot. The weather was fantastic after yesterday and the company was great. It was nice to meet another NE RFF'er Chris and to spend time with Ray & Ralph again. Special thanks to Ralph for squiring us around the beautiful Connecticut countryside. I too need to get my film developed...

The weather, the drive, and the company could not have been better. I will drop my roll off on Monday - not too many labs around here which will process Velvia. Hopefully, I will have some scans later in the week.

I had a blast this morning. Thanks a lot, guys!

Hi,

sounds like you guys had fun, well no surprise ....;-)

I am disappointed by the absence of digitaal RF though.....;-)

Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Ciao

Joerg

Some Photos

Some Photos

Got some photos back from the lab this afternoon and scanned a few. All were taken with the Bessa L and the CV 25/4 except for the big tree, which was taken with the CV 15/4.5. Film was Kodak UC400.

Hopefully my Holga prints will be back by Sunday. Sadly, I'm still shooting the roll of B&W that I brought :eek: .

It was a pleasure to be out shooting (both the film and the breeze) with you guys. Thanks again! :)

Attachments

• RFF Cornstalk.jpg
    RFF Cornstalk.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 0
  • RFF Tree.jpg
    RFF Tree.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 0
  • RFF Harvest.jpg
    RFF Harvest.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 0
  • RFF Group Shot.jpg
    RFF Group Shot.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
We made Ray stand in back because he has that hippie hairdo. :D

Actually that was about 10am and the wind had kicked up pretty well by then.

Good stuff Chris! :) Yow - look at those two shady characters I'm with. :eek: Good job there was no-one around to see me with that pair! ;)

Back