Thypoch lenses from China

I am not ready for such a lens. The 28mm focal length is "not normal" for me. I gravitate towards 50mm lenses. If I need to use a 28mm lens, I have a Kobalux 28/3.5 and a Rokkor-M 28/2.8.

I have a sweet 28 f/2.8 by Canon, LTM, that does the job really well. I am not a guy who buys a lot of lenses. I have more now than I need, some good ones. But I do like reading about what is being offered. Thanks.

I am not ready for such a lens. The 28mm focal length is "not normal" for me. I gravitate towards 50mm lenses. If I need to use a 28mm lens, I have a Kobalux 28/3.5 and a Rokkor-M 28/2.8.
I used to be really into 28mm, as my second digicam, the Canon S70, had a 28mm equivalent lens. The Zeiss 28mm f2.8 was my first rangefinder lens, bought with the Zeiss Ikon, and I loved shooting with it. Some years later, I got the Leica 28mm Elmarit Asph. These days, I tend to prefer 21mm and 35mm, but if I had a 28mm f1.4 with good image quality, I'd shoot the dickens out of it. Depending on the rendering, I might even use that as my primary lens. So I'm looking at the Thypoch and Voigtlander offerings with considerable interest.

This fellow reviewed the 28 and 35 last month:

I'm not a huge fan of this review as the photography doesn't really grab me, but it gives an idea of how the lenses can work with random street photography on the M10.

Awesomely, Benj Haisch has done a comparative review with the Thypoch and Voigtlander 28s!

But oddly, he doesn't have any photo samples from out in the field where he shot the same subjects with both lenses. This would have been very helpful to see the differences in rendering.

Back