50mm Summicron v3

I got one recently as well and I like it too. I also like focusing tabs which is one thing I wish it had!
Happy shooting!

Ergonomically I think it's the best of any 50 'cron. Spacing of control rings is absolutely perfect and focusing action is always buttery smooth in every sample I've every tried. I also like the long focusing throw which is the same as the previous versions for helps insure sharp focus. When Camera 35 (one of the best and honest photo mags from the 60's and 70's) did a test comparison of this lens against it's Japanese contemporaries, it blew them all away.

awilder: interesting tidbit from 'Camera 35'...thanks !

Hey Dave/Lam: Love that delicate light pervading thru the colour shot...Lovely
and your last shot has such a Beautiful tonal range and retro feel

For me, the v3 has the best signature, and the best flare control of any 50mm summicron. Maybe it's just my copy, but it's wonderful.

As this is in the film m section it might be a little off topic but I have yet to try my wife's v3 'cron on my MM.
I've got the Planar stuck on there for the time being and I quite like it.

Hey Dave/Lam: Love that delicate light pervading thru the colour shot...Lovely
and your last shot has such a Beautiful tonal range and retro feel

Thank you Helen I'm enjoying the multiple-characteristics of your shots, from clean and crisp Cron to nice and portrait comfort. :) Eh eh. I cheated, the color shot is from my old M8. :angel:

Here's one more for film sake.

another Good Shot Dave...which raises the bar

hah, caught by your own admission :D
i didn't even notice your 'colour' shot was digi...just swooned over the dispersal of Light & the Delicate painterly palatte

Back