A simple question

fototaco

Local time
7:54 PM
A pretty simple question, but I can’t find a good answesr online. My Oly 35RC focuses past infinity. I get it, the alignment is off, but only by a fraction. My question is - if photographing distant objects, should i wack the barrel to the far end, or push it back 1/2 mm to make the object in the patch align. And does this apply to subjects both 10m away and 100m away? The markings stop at 5m... maybe a basic answer, but i mostly shoot slr...

Thanks in advance

A pretty simple question, but I can’t find a good answesr online. My Oly 35RC focuses past infinity. I get it, the alignment is off, but only by a fraction. My question is - if photographing distant objects, should i wack the barrel to the far end, or push it back 1/2 mm to make the object in the patch align. And does this apply to subjects both 10m away and 100m away? The markings stop at 5m... maybe a basic answer, but i mostly shoot slr...

Thanks in advance

Check your infinity focus with camera on tripod, lens on max opening, the shutter locked on B and use a ground glass and loupe at the film plane to confirm focus at infinity at both settings... at the smaller aperture we normally shoot outside in daylight, getting infinity is usually no problem... unless the lens is way out of wack or assembled incorrectly at the focus helical.

Back