All DxO Software half price today..Black Friday sale

Thanks for the heads up Larry. Just bought the Nik tools as sooner or later my Google version will keel over...! And £29 is a very good price.

Thanks for posting this. While the demo of Photolab 2 frequently froze, probably due to my still using my 2011 MacBook Air, so I passed on that despite the excellent price, I did use the opportunity to get the NIK Suite.

I have seen two conditions were it freezes. Trying to open a Iridient X-Transformer DNG kind of locks it up and it also seems to lock up if I open a file over a network in a directory with a lot of files in the same directory. I think it gets very busy trying to build previews for all the files and then it seems to freeze. Opening a file from a local drive with lots of files in it doesn't seem to have the problem.

Shawn

I have seen two conditions were it freezes. Trying to open a Iridient X-Transformer DNG kind of locks it up and it also seems to lock up if I open a file over a network in a directory with a lot of files in the same directory. I think it gets very busy trying to build previews for all the files and then it seems to freeze. Opening a file from a local drive with lots of files in it doesn't seem to have the problem.

Shawn

I agree that trying to build a preview from a folder with lots of files is a problem for it on my laptop. But it was also freezing at the start when it was asking if I wanted to download the Lightroom plug-in. Anyway, I might continue it to try it during my 30 days, and it it works for me, will consider it the next time they have a sale like this.

In the meantime, I will continue to use Adobe Camera Raw. I don't need the previews, because I work with Photo Mechanic for those.

Well I did end up buying DxO PhotoLab 2 and it's fantastic with my NEFs but unfortunately not compatible with RAFs. To tell the truth I've got pretty fed up with trying to process Fuji's RAFs and thinking of now ditching Fuji altogether. Can anyone really tell an X-Trans shot from a Bayer shot? Answers on a postcard...

Back