Amedeo 50mm Nikon to Leica M

bayernfan

Well-known
Local time
10:09 PM
Just acquired an S3 millenium kit - would like to use the 50/1.4 on my M240. Does anyone have first-hand experience with the Amedeo adapter made for internal (50mm) S-mount lenses?

Specifically, this one: Amedeo Adapter

Would like to know how well it's made and its ease of use.

Beautifully made, accurate, smooth if heavy focus action. Lens lock is bang on, with no wiggling. Mine has no discernible play or slop whatsoever. Close focus is handy, and the mount even looks good.

If you need to adapt a Nikon S internal-mount lens to Leica M, this is a great solution.

The best. There are cheaper solutions, but nothing else comes close in terms of build and precision.

Bought one thru Head Bartender earlier this year. Works for inside and outside mount “S” rangefinder lenses. Everything about this adapter is well thought and well engineered. I bought mine originally to use with my M digitals but find I use it a lot with NIKON Z-6 where I can be assured of perfect in-focus with live view.

Though I realize you want just the internal mount why not get the one I reference for a few bucks more. I’m certain you may want to pickup sometime another NIKON rangefinder lens and the rest are outside mount.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Though I realize you want just the internal mount why not get the one I reference for a few bucks more. I’m certain you may want to pickup sometime another NIKON rangefinder lens and the rest are outside mount.

Two reasons:
1. I don't like the reversed focus direction of the external/internal adapter.

2. The only other focal length that I use is 35mm, and I have plenty of 35mm lenses for LTM and M.

I appreciate the suggestion though!

Does anyone know if Amedeo is going to make more of these adapters? This may sound like a silly question, but do the expensive Kipon adapters rangefinder couple with Leicas?

As far as I know he continues to manufacture these and other models out of Venezuela, although he now lives in Miami. Haven't seen the Kipon but I'm pretty sure they have a model that RF couples.

I have an old one from the 50s, which is okay. I also have three Amedeo adapters and they are fantastic. My only complaint is the direction you turn the lens to focus, it's the opposite from Leica, but you get used to it after a while.

Ahh, so you'd have to add another LTM-M adapter to make it work on an M mount.
Which would mean to would not be able to focus to infinity.

What now? I have 3 Amadeo adapters, all to LTM and then use adapters to use on M cameras. They focus to infinity either way, just like a native LTM lens would do.

Back