Argus Coated Cintar on Sony A7

hipsterdufus

Photographer?
Local time
9:59 AM
So, it's been a while since I posted to RFF, but I was rummaging through some of my old gear when I spotted an old Argus C3 50mm Cintar lens and my ebay Argus-Sony adapter that I had bought a while ago. Decided to play with it a bit. I've been particularly surprised at the sharpness of this lens (especially on center). I also really like the rendering.

Just figured I'd share an image of my pup and the camera/lens combo since I'm stuck in quarantine like most everyone else.

Pup (Shot at f3.5. Minor adjustments to exposure and contrast. The focus was on the eyes):

enhance

Combo:

enhance

Thanks, Helen! I've been taking way too many pictures of the dog lately. You can tell she's getting tired of it. For the sharpness nuts, I decided to include a crop:

enhance

Definitely more than sharp enough for me.

That is a great shot and rig! Beautiful rendering and draw. Nice job!

The Cintar is a very capable performer.

This from my $15 antique shop find (50mm Coated Cintar f/3.5 on the C3):

Stove-top
by rdc154, on Flickr

Entirely by coincidence I watched a documentary on the Hurtgenwald battle in 1944. It featured Tony Vaccaro, a GI who took photographs with his Argus C3 that used this lens and developed them at night in his comrades' helmets in the open. The pictures he showed were sharp!

Back