Argust 14th is nigh!

Why is it on the 14th... and not all month long ?

Oh, now I get it... it’s a day thing.

Anyway, I polished a flashbulb for the occasion.

argus_junk.jpg

Why is it on the 14th... and not all month long ?

Oh, now I get it... it’s a day thing.

Anyway, I polished a flashbulb for the occasion.

Nothing keeping you from shooting any time during the month. Argust Day always falls on the day of the month that matches the date of the year, this year being the 14th. Wind up that C-3, and shoot away!

PF

ps: I'm still looking for one of those aperture control extension levers

Hence, next year we'll have Argus day on August 15th?

Just wondering... and remembering that about 9 years ago, I was THIS close from buying an Argus at an estate sale, but couldn't figure it out, so I left it. ;)

Again, best of luck!

Hence, next year we'll have Argus day on August 15th?

Just wondering... and remembering that about 9 years ago, I was THIS close from buying an Argus at an estate sale, but couldn't figure it out, so I left it. ;)

Again, best of luck!

Yes, and the year after that on the 16th. I don't know what the folks at ACG http://www.arguscg.org/ will do after Argust 31st. But I'll probably be dead by then anyway. It's not too late to pick up a good used Argus. Any Argus brand camera is eligible (yes, even those plastic-craptastic illegally branded junkers from China). I used a plastic see-through P&S model one year. Won't bother with that again. Last year I used a C-4 Geiss. Since I missed 620 day (June 20th), I'll be shooting with my rebuilt Super Seventy-five. So start haunting those flea markets and roadside sales again, until you find "your" Argus.

PF

Yes, and the year after that on the 16th. I don't know what the folks at ACG http://www.arguscg.org/ will do after Argust 31st. But I'll probably be dead by then anyway. It's not too late to pick up a good used Argus. Any Argus brand camera is eligible (yes, even those plastic-craptastic illegally branded junkers from China). I used a plastic see-through P&S model one year. Won't bother with that again. Last year I used a C-4 Geiss. Since I missed 620 day (June 20th), I'll be shooting with my rebuilt Super Seventy-five. So start haunting those flea markets and roadside sales again, until you find "your" Argus.

PF
If I had known they had a meeting in Eden I would of drove over there. Also didn't know there was a camera group in Martinsville. Have you been to any of the meetings? I don't have an Argus. Kind of a rarety around here so good shooting on the 14th.

One more week to Argust 14th! Any photo taken this month is okay, but please try to take at least one on the 14th.

PF

Pulled my trusty first version first batch A camera/enlaring lens off my trusty Argus enlarger and am awaiting the 14th.

I gave my C44 with fancy f1.9 lens away to a more robust Argus fan than I.
Still have a C3 brick for people to pick up and play with on the coffee table.
Have fun all! :D

I HATE this! I had a C3 around here since the mid 1980s, but it's not where I thought it was, and I can't find it! Now I know 30 years is a long time to expect things to stay put, but ...

Maybe it's time to move. Have fun shooting. George, your camera - and flash - are beautiful!

It LIVES! It LIVES! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry, I don't know what came over me there...

To my astonishment the lightmeter on my Matchmatic has suddenly sprung back into life, and on Argust 14th too. It's an omen, I tell ye!

So I shall have to shoot a roll using it and see how it comes out...

Adrian

Crap...I completely forgot about this...I was at a horse show with my daughter yesterday and could have fit it in perfectly (had I taken it)...

Nice job Corran! Thanks for posting those. I wish I had the time to shoot a roll recently but will enjoy others images as they become available. Keep 'em coming!

I loaded my C-3 with some Kodak ProFoto XL 100, grabbed the bag of lenses, and headed out. Wasn't sure at first where I was going to head, but finally settled on going up to Paint Bank, since the light would be good for getting some shots of the fish hatchery.

I also wanted to test out some repairs I did on my Soligor 4.5/135. I had opened it up for a cleaning, and somehow got one of the elements reversed, and hadn't shot it since the first time I tested it (which is when the reversed element was discovered). And I also wanted to give the Sandmar 4.5/35 a workout, as I didn't get many shots in color with it before.

The Soligor works Fine, but the Sandmar flares. After the first few attempts to clear up the photos, I figured out I could use the burn tool to get rid of most of the diffuseness.

No skipped frames this time, I made sure not to wind until I was preparing for a shot. The clip-on 35/100 finder adds more parallax than I was expecting, and a smaller viewing image too. So it was nice to have a bit of lee-way when it came time to crop the photos.

Hope to shoot some of my Argi more often than once a year.

PF

With the Sandmar 4.5/35

Geodesic by br1078phot, on Flickr

Into The Early Morning by br1078phot, on Flickr

Shadow Self by br1078phot, on Flickr

Potts Mountain Overlook by br1078phot, on Flickr

With the Soligor 4.5/135

Hay In The Valley by br1078phot, on Flickr

Johns Creek Valley by br1078phot, on Flickr

More pictures at:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/7699588@N07/sets/72157646529801815/

Back