Best of Random Gallery Picks

Best idea for a thread in ages. I've kicked myself on more than a few occassions for not favouriting ramdom images, just as I click a link and it's gone, forever.

Excellent new thread...

le vrai rdu - Hippodrome

U19335I1254778904.SEQ.0.jpg

^Seconded. "Hippodrome" is one of my personal RFF classics. Right up there with Keith's shot that started the "Medium Format, long may it live" thread.

Maybe somebody in this thread can help me find a shot I saw long ago and didn't bookmark. It was a portrait of a young woman, possibly taken by her father at a 4th of July or similar outdoors event, in B&W. It was the best capture of that very teenage "I hate you for taking my picture but I still want to look good" expression I have ever seen.

This is a great idea for a photo centric thread. I'ts kind of like a photo slot machine, click on "Home" and see if a winner appears or a jackpot of 4 at once.

I have a thought that has reached the level of a suggestion, make the Best of Random Gallery Picks a weekly thread so it doesn't end up with a gazillion pages of posts and replies. It would be easier go through whenever we have time to spend at RFF.

Heres one that came up for me, one I wish I'd taken when at the Tate.

spkennedy3000

U25078I1248347756.SEQ.0.jpg

I'ts kind of like a photo slot machine, click on "Home" and see if a winner appears or a jackpot of 4 at once.

I have a thought that has reached the level of a suggestion, make the Best of Random Gallery Picks a weekly thread so it doesn't end up with a gazillion pages of posts and replies. It would be easier go through whenever we have time to spend at RFF.

I've thought about the same thing, sort of restricting the entries based on quantity, but I don't think it's a good idea. It takes the playfulness and serendipity out of it and forces everybody to keep bookmarks, and if people did that we wouldn't need the thread.

I'll probably restrict myself to one picture per day that I'll post here on average, and say a few words on each one.

Ok, here is my one random pick for the day.

photony texas, this one just makes you look at it and appreciate it.

U25693I1256763610.SEQ.0.jpg

Friends

Friends

This photo from labas_rytas came up earlier in the day but I was at work and couldn't post it. Great composition, lighting and OOF. Wonderful interaction, reminds of the way our dog looks at my wife.

U4744I1145546593.SEQ.0.jpg

clay

Back