Best of the Rest? Cheapie Chinese X-Mount Lenses--Anyone have one?

Hard to recommend because of sample variations. Personally, I like TTArtisan range with click stops. Individual lenses I like are the 28/2.8 Meike, 25/1.8 Pergear and especially the super fast 35/0.95 7Artisans.

I...And I always understood the Fuji-X cameras to rely pretty heavily on software corrections for many common lens aberrations. Such corrections would be missing when using a non-electronic lens, no?

The software correction dependence only applies to FUJINON XF lenses. The camera itself does not require optical software corrections.

Images from a telecentric third-party lens that happen to have nearly perfect optical properties will not be compromised with a FUJIFILM X (or any other digital) camera. [1]
To correct image optical distortions from third-party lenses requires post-production correction software. This is the case for both in-camera JPEGs and raw files.

1. This is not the case if the lens has a non-telocentric optical designs. All digital cameras using non-telocentric lenses will have vignetting and other artifacts due to color and resolution cross-talk between adjacent pixels. Non-telocentric artifact levels are highly dependent on lens optics, sensor micro-lens assembly optics and pixel separation.

Anything with Coca Cola bottle glass.

:cool:
Ha! That brings back memories of the 70’s, my formative photographic time period. A favorite slur for a (optically) bad lens was;
‘Hey, it’s a coke bottle’. Never got around to it but since I had experience grinding and polishing my own telescope mirrors I wanted to cut out the bottom of a coke bottle, grind it into a lens, I figured I’d go for about 90-100mm, and mount it on a SLR. Then it could truly be called a coke bottle.

Back