Camera and Coffee

Hello October Sunday Morning....

October Sunday Morning by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

A fine start to the second Sunday of the month -- cuppa Trader Joe's French Roast, some multi-grain toast with a dash of honey. Complementing this morning repast is my Hasselblad 500C and accoutrements: Six-element 80/2.8 Planar with its relatively scarce metal hood (yes the crinkle finish) and metal bayonet cap, and both a 12 and 16 back. The great thing about this Hasselblad ensemble is that it's all 1957 vintage.

I'm trying to get my butt in gear to start the day -- think I'll be needing that second cup of coffee.

53365729392_64ec1afbfc_c.jpg

The Pentax ME SE that I'm getting ready to send out. My friend Janene's daughter wants to start shooting film...she's about 10 years old...I thought this body could be a good match...
The strap arrived yesterday, waiting on the instruction manual and Light Seal kit...
I don't remember when or where I got this one but its been sitting on a shelf for too long...
Also gonna pack a few rolls of Fuji NPS 160...
Should be there in plenty of time to put under their Christmas tree...

Enjoying a cup of Double Bergamot Earl Grey tea...

Ah ‘tis the season….

Courtesy of Canada Post and the United States Postal Service, my mother’s homemade Christmas cake from her loving Toronto kitchen. My mother has been making this cake since the early 1950’s, and this year she had a bit of help from one of my sisters. I know that Christmas cake / fruitcake isn’t to everyone’s taste and can sometimes arouse intense emotions from both sides of the aisle (so to speak), but I’m firmly on the ‘loving’ side of Christmas cake (well at least my mother’s). Actually there is one commercially-available fruitcake that comes close to my mother’s, and that’s the Claxton ‘dark’ fruitcake from the great metropolis of Claxton, Georgia (also home to Claxton Chicken and Rattlesnake Roundup!). Pretty darned good for store-bought, but the ‘dark’ version seems to be harder to come by versus their ‘regular’ kind. My mother even approved of it, which is saying something.

Accompanying this bit of motherly love is a freshly-poured cuppa black tea, as well as the Hasselblad 907x all dressed in its holiday best (65mm f/2.8 lens, control grip, optical viewfinder). Can life get any better? I think not :)

Tea, My Mother’s Christmas Cake and the 907x. by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

Back