Canada, Ontario. The Golden Horseshoe and arounds.

Took one day of vacation from last year carry over.
I have tried to make it real Friday.

Went to get folding bike purchased on Alisomething, because it is two times less expensive than Brompton. Chinese made it according to the price.
Went with dog to provincial leash free park. She managed to burn her paws on downhill.
Mowed the grass, including two well paid, working from home neighbors front lawns. Lazy ( . ), but they are so quiet...
Went to local ribsfest to get some overpriced pork ribs.
Took kids and dog to local leash free park, jumped on longboard with worn-out bushings and hit the ground with helmet on descending.

Click image for larger version  Name:	R0184531.jpg Views:	0 Size:	252.2 KB ID:	4788880

Click image for larger version  Name:	R0184535.jpg Views:	0 Size:	159.7 KB ID:	4788881

Click image for larger version  Name:	R0184533.jpg Views:	0 Size:	284.5 KB ID:	4788882

Some lip service at local town.
Painting crosswalk to orange while no criminal investigation on unmarked graves (required by criminal law).

L1009432-Edit.jpg

L1009420-Edit.jpg

Local representative in Ottawa was absent on this ceremony. He recently made it to the news by using F word on Twitter on his official page. Not surprising, they put him on paddling during school years, due to his aggressive and rude behavioral issues.

After two years absence our town summer major event was back today.
I took 5D MK II with 16-35 2.8 MKII (all together costs like some used M mount lenses) and enjoyed every moment with it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1882.jpg Views:	0 Size:	250.1 KB ID:	4789918

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1844.jpg Views:	0 Size:	229.8 KB ID:	4789919

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1860.jpg Views:	0 Size:	250.7 KB ID:	4789920

+32+34 C weather. It is the only place we could go nearby. Got 15 CAD shoes from Walmart today to wade.

IMG_2011.jpg

IMG_2015.jpg

IMG_2043.jpg

We went slightly up North. Ontario, Tobermory and so called Bruce Peninsula National Park.

_MG_8676.jpg

_MG_8742.jpg

_MG_8697.jpg

May 2022. Toronto. Corus Quay..

R0184443-Edit.jpg
One of my long time clients and recent colleague. Same country of origin, similar university, same year of the fire horse.
Called sick day on this week Monday to never woke up...

Mississauga "town center". When I first looked around some 30 years ago, I thought: "this is not a town" and this is not a "center". Rather a large suburb of Toronto with a giant shopping mall + parking lot in the middle of it. I wonder what will happen to these suburban places when everyone buys their stuff online. Cheers, OtL

Went to check Russian couple one day. They purchased expropriated by municipality, run down ex-farm. It was as farm from circa 1857, but later it was some strange lady ending up with animal cruelty charges. Once municipality took it over, locals used is as free dump. They have paid something like 400K CAD for this place.

Click image for larger version  Name:	_MG_8768.jpg Views:	0 Size:	329.0 KB ID:	4793527

New industrial and one residential unit building, build only by two of them.

Click image for larger version  Name:	_MG_8781.jpg Views:	0 Size:	456.9 KB ID:	4793529

Original house, full of junk.

Click image for larger version  Name:	_MG_8772.jpg Views:	0 Size:	433.8 KB ID:	4793530

Locals were dumping entire trailers.

Click image for larger version  Name:	_MG_8781.jpg Views:	0 Size:	456.9 KB ID:	4793529

One of the older structures had very old cow manure turned into the soil. They used it for big vegetables, fruits top bed garden.
Nothing really grows in the soil.

In Golden Horseshoe some activists who are freaking out every time they see crane mosquitoes are yapping about farmland flipping to new subdivisions.
This is the typical GH area farm land. It is nothing but fields of clay...

In Golden Horseshoe some activists who are freaking out every time they see crane mosquitoes are yapping about farmland flipping to new subdivisions.
This is the typical GH area farm land. It is nothing but fields of clay...
It may be true that Golden Horseshoe soil isn't the best farmland, but there is no shortage of reasons to be against subdivisions. The biggest one is probably that the kind of suburban development we do in the US and Canada a fiscally unsustainable debt trap. There's a Canadian fella from London, ON who moved to Amsterdam and makes educational videos on urban planning. In one of his videos he cites Guelph as a rare example of a local government in North America who looked at their own books and made changes to their planning policies and have seen real success as a result.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nw6qyyrTeI

Back