Eyepiece Corrector?

ryca

@_2126000
Local time
4:14 PM
I wear glasses for reading and can't see the red dots in viewfinder... guessing I need an eyepiece corrector. trouble is, theyre hard to come by! think I need a +2 for reading glasses

I went through the same long, unpleasant process of trying to find a -2 diopter for my CL. The prices you're seeing online are, unfortunately, pretty standard. Sorry I can't help with what you need, but let's hope someone here on RFF can help. Otherwise, I'm afraid you'll probably have to bite the bullet. This classic film equipment can be an expensive rabbit hole!

DAG made me one out of a Nikon diopter and an adapter that fits on my M4-P. He could probably do the same for the CLE.

PF

cheers, seen this one. require mine for the CLE... don't think this one fits

I'm not familiar with the method for attaching diopters to the CLE. If it's the same as for the M cameras, I've had good luck ordering them used on ebay. Question: can you see the subject clearly in the finder, and use the rangefinder, without your eyeglasses? (Or when wearing your glasses that you use for distance, if any).

Cheap glasses to the right formula from supermarket, plastic if possible, cut them up into appropriate size and tape?

I have done this once for a Leicaflex. It works but is not exactly attractive!

Back