Ferrania P33, first roll, and some observations.

I have now shot a couple of rolls of Ferrania P33 and have one more loaded in a camera. I'll be posting a handful of photos on Flickr over the next week and will also display them here. Gonna reserve comment on the film for now. But here's the first sample I uploaded on Flickr this evening. Nikon S2, W-Nikkor C 35mm f2.5, Ferrania P33 @ iso 160, in D-76 stock, 10 mins. @ 20C:

Cinema by Steve Macfarlane, on Flickr

Green Street, San Francisco, May 2024. Nikon S2, W-Nikkor C 35mm f2.5, Ferrania P33 at 160:

Crossings by Steve Macfarlane, on Flickr

The tonality of this film stock really does remind me of classics of Italian cinema... I can visualize Marcello Mastroianni riding his Vespa through the intersection...

I've seen the emails from Ferrania about P33, you've incited me to buy a few rolls and give it a whirl. Blue Moon Camera has some in stock ... I ordered four rolls. Perhaps I'll load up the M4-2, a Retina IIc, or the Nikon F for a test spin. :)

It will be interesting to see how to expose and process P33.

Ferrania P30 I expose at ISO 40, and have best results processing for 16 minutes in HC-110 mixed at 1:99 in my Rondix 35 or Lab Box tanks, which is well off the Ferrania spec but works best for me. (Oh yes: I only scan and finish with image processing ... Have no wet lab for printing since 1991 or so. :) )

G

I've seen the emails from Ferrania about P33, you've incited me to buy a few rolls and give it a whirl. Blue Moon Camera has some in stock ... I ordered four rolls. Perhaps I'll load up the M4-2, a Retina IIc, or the Nikon F for a test spin. :)

It will be interesting to see how to expose and process P33.

Ferrania P30 I expose at ISO 40, and have best results processing for 16 minutes in HC-110 mixed at 1:99 in my Rondix 35 or Lab Box tanks, which is well off the Ferrania spec but works best for me. (Oh yes: I only scan and finish with image processing ... Have no wet lab for printing since 1991 or so. :) )

G
Try the Darkroom in CAlifornia. I believe they are very sophisticated . You could call them and see what they say.

Try the Darkroom in CAlifornia. I believe they are very sophisticated . You could call them and see what they say.
Thanks! I might call them, but honestly I usually manage to figure it out on my own after I shoot a test roll. I know my developer and processing workflow very very well, so how they work as I change timings and concentrations is fairly predictable. :)

G

Thanks! I might call them, but honestly I usually manage to figure it out on my own after I shoot a test roll. I know my developer and processing workflow very very well, so how they work as I change timings and concentrations is fairly predictable. :)

G
No problem.....we would like to see your pics with Ferrania

Back